We still need several positions

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't necessarily disagree we "need" the players you noted, AT THIS TIME. But the Cowboys don't and didn't have cap space to sign a ton of top free agents, so whether they
need them or not, you are looking to the future. But taking your list:
1. QB. Only 2 years here, one year was great, too early to throw him on the trash heap.
2. DT. If most of the guys can remain healthy, a rotation of very good players can be just as effective as a line with one great player and a bunch average guys. Not saying getting a Vea or Suh or such wouldn't have been great, but they didn't get one of those.
3. SS and FS. As you noted, there are several young guys, too early to know what they will do.
4. DE. You have a 14.5 sack guy, and Taco did improve during the year. There are SIX others on the roster. I guess you're not one of the "Armstrong is much better than a 4th rounder" guys (as I'm not at this time), but Ealy has had success before, Jones is experienced, and Tapper has all the physical tools, just hasn't been able to stay healthy, but supposedly he's ready to go this year.
5. LB. Vander Esch could be a great player, has the tools, he's not even gotten on the field, can't just dismiss him out of hand.
6. No. 1 WR. With you there, lots of unproven players, none have ever set the league on fire.
7. TE. According to some, Witten was worthless, surely either Swaim or another tight end could be better. They've never been starters, must have some upside or they'd have been released.
8. Shut down CB. Precious few of those in the NFL, most teams need one of those, but that doesn't stop other teams from being SB contenders.

I just think the talent on this team is better than average, not sure about the coaching of course, and young guys do tend to be up and down during the seasonj.

But I'm not an NFL talent scout, just a fan who would rather expect a good season than to tear down the existing team in most areas....

Not looking to tear down anything bud just wanna keep it as real here.
There's a lot of youth that just might develop into a new Doomsday for sure but in the meantime good things sometimes take time and we just might have to be patient a little longer. Either way look for the final shake downs and adjustments after this season is over!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not looking to tear down anything bud just wanna keep it as real here.
There's a lot of youth that just might develop into a new Doomsday for sure but in the meantime good things sometimes take time and we just might have to be patient a little longer. Either way look for the final shake downs and adjustments after this season is over!

No doubt the season will show us a lot, mainly Dak but also Swaim/Gathers/Jarwin, Woods, Awuzie, L. Collins, etc.

Will definitely turn out like NOBODY predicts exactly....

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Another "bring Dez back" scenario :facepalm:

The guy went scorched earth on the team after they released him and called out unnamed players who are probably still on the team. Pretty sure neither side wants a reunion unless a few years go by and time heals.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FS = Earl Thomas
MLB = Navarro Bowman
1 Tech DT = ??
WR = With Williams in limbo, bring back Dez on a 1 yr deal?
Thomas I agree.

Bowman ain't coming. Too expensive and wouldn't start. Last year my answer would have been yes but not now.

1T either Ward or don't sleep on this guy - DeQuinton Osborne, Oklahoma St.

WR - Dez??? Are you serious??? Can't be.