We struggled running and stopping the run, but did nothing to fix it!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Disagree. Rooks fumble all the time. You don't shut a rook down because of 1 fumble. That's assinine!!!!!!!!!!
We will have to agree to disagree. They trusted Luepke in a critical situation and he spit the bit. No you don't shut down your top 5 draft pick for fumbling.. at least not for more than a series or two.. but your mid round fullback who has single digit carries all season? Hell yeah you shut him down.. It could be argued he cost you a game and with it HFA. Not that HFA did you any good but maybe that extra week of rest would have.. You just never know.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In the never ending story........the Cowboys didn't like him. We've been over this at least 1000 times.
I know. They liked Schoonmaker. But we always draft well right? That seems to be the never ending story.

Don't draft a position of need. Draft a back up TE, because we could not figure out we already had one on our roster.

kskboys

Reaction score
We will have to agree to disagree. They trusted Luepke in a critical situation and he spit the bit. No you don't shut down your top 5 draft pick for fumbling.. at least not for more than a series or two.. but your mid round fullback who has single digit carries all season? Hell yeah you shut him down.. It could be argued he cost you a game and with it HFA. Not that HFA did you any good but maybe that extra week of rest would have.. You just never know.
Or, it could be argued that they should have used him more during the season so he'd be ready for the big moment.

And that was a weird fumble anyway, looked like a miscommunication fumble. If Luepke missed the call, that was a much bigger error than the fumble.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What hope do we have to believe that this will somehow fix itself? Bringing back Zeke, bringing in Zim? Running back by committee, signing Kendricks? Yet I bet I'm Jerry's mind we're all in and on the bath to another Superbowl run, please give your thoughts
That nickel “base” defense (4-2-5/3-3-5) we ran is over.

It was always weak vs run.

I think we were ranked 16th vs run last season.

Clearly Zeke > Tony.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Sometimes effective runblocking can make lesser RBs effective.

We sucked at runblocking.
Like you said in a previous post to me, "can we at least run block well enough to not be met 6 yards in the backfield every run play?"

Wouldn't have mattered who the runner was if the oline is doing turnstile type run blocking.
Tony had one leg.

kskboys

Reaction score
That nickel “base” defense (4-2-5/3-3-5) we ran is over.

It was always weak vs run.

I think we were ranked 16th vs run last season.

Clearly Zeke > Tony.
Maybe a couple years ago, not any more.

Agree, this D was a gimmick D, built around picks and pressures. Problem is, when you get into the playoffs you come up against QB's who don't turn the ball over, good OL's, and schemes that can negate a good pass rusher.