We will win out and be 8-8

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I have often wondered why there are never any reported deaths from hit by meteors.
Im talking the small fragments that pound the earth daily and considering how many people there are you would think that there would at least be a few unfortunate deaths due to fragmenting meteorite strikes.

Our planet is vast, so meteorites typically don’t concern us. But every once in a while, these objects actually strike humans and our property. Based purely on statistics, researchers estimate that a space rock should strike a human roughly once every nine years. And with those odds, you’d expect people to get killed by meteorites fairly often.

“I do strongly suspect that stats on ‘death by asteroid’ have been severely undercounted through human history,” NASA Planetary Defense Officer Lindley Johnson told Astronomy via email. “It’s only been in the last half century or so that we’ve even realized that such a thing could happen.”

However, researchers still have not found a single confirmed case of death by space rock. But that’s not to say we haven’t come close. Modern history is full of near misses. On many occasions, space rocks have exploded over populated areas and sent thousands of meteorites raining down.
My Grandfather was struck by lightning twice. Asteroids are interesting. We had a garden in the back yard when I was a kid and we kept finding these strange rocks buried in the soil. You could tell they hit with a lot of velocity because of the hole it left. We finally sent one off to be tested and it was confirmed as an asteroid. My Mom still lives in that house and besides that couple of years, it's never happened again. Just weird...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My Grandfather was struck by lightning twice. Asteroids are interesting. We had a garden in the back yard when I was a kid and we kept finding these strange rocks buried in the soil. You could tell they hit with a lot of velocity because of the hole it left. We finally sent one off to be tested and it was confirmed as an asteroid. My Mom still lives in that house and besides that couple of years, it's never happened again. Just weird...
When I was very young, me and my best friend would walk this field everyday in Argentina, we didnt know what we were even looking for, but we found a lot of these rocks that seemed odd to us, we were only kids.
Very different, very heavy compared to other stones we found.
We actually gave them all to a geologist that was another friend of ours father, we never heard from him again.
Ive always wondered why,, not about the rocks so much as why at that age, about 7-8 years of age, that we never heard anything back.
true story

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how do get troll out of a thread done for fun and something different?
Some know it’s not serious, others don’t have a sense of humor to know its not serious. :laugh:
I thought that me posting Alice In wonderland would be a giant clue I'm just messing with ya.

(I get that the definition of "troll" gets abused around these parts. It mostly gets used when someone gets mad about a disagreeing. I'll use a smilie next time for extra clue reinforcement. :) )

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
When I was very young, me and my best friend would walk this field everyday in Argentina, we didnt know what we were even looking for, but we found a lot of these rocks that seemed odd to us, we were only kids.
Very different, very heavy compared to other stones we found.
We actually gave them all to a geologist that was another friend of ours father, we never heard from him again.
Ive always wondered why,, not about the rocks so much as why at that age, about 7-8 years of age, that we never heard anything back.
true story
That is some trippy stuff man. I always laugh at people who think they have everything figured out. I've come to the conclusion we don't know anything.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We will win out, go 8-8 and win the division. :popcorn:

I know they played horrible last game, but with no practice, dealing with the tragic loss of a coach, which happened in front of the team. That is a lot to overcome. Then losing 2 more starting OL on top of that.

However, with almost 2 weeks of rest, time to heal dealing with the loss, and time refocus, knowing the division is with reach and a soft schedule.

at Ravens, as they have not looked good, this could be a winnable upset game.
at Bengals, and with a back up QB, starting RB out, this too is winnable.
SF at home, though thy looked good against the Rams, and may be getting a few players back, but still possible win.
Eagles at home, and Wentz, no need to comment further.
at Giants, it could be winner is in, loser is out. And we know Garrett's record for win and in games. :muttley:

Ready for the playoffs? :flagwave:

OK, tear it apart. :D
You know it’s definitely a possibility LOL. 88

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have often wondered why there are never any reported deaths from hit by meteors.
Im talking the small fragments that pound the earth daily and considering how many people there are you would think that there would at least be a few unfortunate deaths due to fragmenting meteorite strikes.

Our planet is vast, so meteorites typically don’t concern us. But every once in a while, these objects actually strike humans and our property. Based purely on statistics, researchers estimate that a space rock should strike a human roughly once every nine years. And with those odds, you’d expect people to get killed by meteorites fairly often.

“I do strongly suspect that stats on ‘death by asteroid’ have been severely undercounted through human history,” NASA Planetary Defense Officer Lindley Johnson told Astronomy via email. “It’s only been in the last half century or so that we’ve even realized that such a thing could happen.”

However, researchers still have not found a single confirmed case of death by space rock. But that’s not to say we haven’t come close. Modern history is full of near misses. On many occasions, space rocks have exploded over populated areas and sent thousands of meteorites raining down.

Look at the myth of "spontaneous combustion" cases. May that it what the government puts the stats from a meteor hits. :lmao:

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Looks like Jerry joined the board over here.. I mean this thread. There is another one that says we will have an elite offensive line in 2021, and another one even talks about a dynasty in the works here in Dallas

Jerry! stop posting! we don't buy it, and you're not selling it well anymore

:cool:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I know they played horrible last game, but with no practice, dealing with the tragic loss of a coach, which happened in front of the team. That is a lot to overcome. Then losing 2 more starting OL on top of that.

However, with almost 2 weeks of rest, time to heal dealing with the loss, and time refocus, knowing the division is with reach and a soft schedule.

SF at home, though thy looked good against the Rams, and may be getting a few players back, but still possible win.
at Giants, it could be winner is in, loser is out. And we know Garrett's record for win and in games. :muttley:

The village idiot speaks!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
I too believe Dallas can win about 3 more games. I just don't think they'll win out.

Even if Dallas beats the Ravens this week 44-0, they'll come out flat in a couple of other games. Just when you think the Cowboys have it together they take a giant dump. That's what they do. It's what they've been doing for the past decade.

leeblair

Reaction score

I like what you are saying, but losing twice to Washington is a problem. Washington is not under Jay Gruden any more. They are under Rivera, and they are getting better as the season goes on. They will likely win the division if they continue to improve.
That being said, the Cowboys are finally playing better, and finally have a real quarterback that plays the full game, instead of waiting until the Cowboys are down 20 points and then padding his stats in garbage time.
But, the Commanders(might as well say it) beat the Cowboys straight up. It wasn't a gimmick, it was a beating.
Now the Cowboys are two games behind them, maybe three, and running out of schedule.
This season really doesn't count, anyway. Somebody will win the Super Bowl, but it's not been a normal season in any sense of the word.
Hopefully, at least next year they will start out for the first time in 5 years with a real quarterback and a real training camp.
We'll see.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what you are saying, but losing twice to Washington is a problem. Washington is not under Jay Gruden any more. They are under Rivera, and they are getting better as the season goes on. They will likely win the division if they continue to improve.
That being said, the Cowboys are finally playing better, and finally have a real quarterback that plays the full game, instead of waiting until the Cowboys are down 20 points and then padding his stats in garbage time.
But, the Commanders(might as well say it) beat the Cowboys straight up. It wasn't a gimmick, it was a beating.
Now the Cowboys are two games behind them, maybe three, and running out of schedule.
This season really doesn't count, anyway. Somebody will win the Super Bowl, but it's not been a normal season in any sense of the word.
Hopefully, at least next year they will start out for the first time in 5 years with a real quarterback and a real training camp.
We'll see.

We need to finish with one more win than Washington, as they hold the tie breaker head to head.
We know who we have on our schedule, though here it is agin, at Ravens, at Bengals, SF, Eagles, at Giants.

And they have, at Steelers, at SF, Seahawks, Panthers, at Eagles. They will beat the Eagles, probably 49ers, maybe the Panthers, getting them to 7 wins. Which means we have to win out.
This is very unlikely as we know, but hey, I just had to post it. :D

Washington can only win 2 more games of those 5, as we will need to win 4 of 5.

Now the Giants, at Seattle, Cards, Browns, at Ravens, Cowboys. Say we beat them, as we would have to, They could lose those other 4 games
Eagles, at GB, Saints (depends if Brees is back possibly), at Cards, at Cowboys, Commanders, I think they are pretty much done.

So as much as I hate to root for Pittsburgh, that could be a loss to Washington this week.
All in all, pretty high odds to win the division. But as I said, I did this for fun, have a different type of thread. :laugh:

EJK24

Reaction score

FormalLeftCur-size_restricted.gif