We will win out and be 8-8

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Its a struggle to watch the games....
It’s about as low stress as can be right now. When the team loses it actually benefits them for the draft so no reason to get frustrated with their mistakes. Just watch them like preseason games and see if our “depth” starts improving.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is we have no consequences or accountability. Someone might "know a lot"...but that doesn't mean success. Most of the time it's hindsight couch coaching.

Let me give you an example....and not that I "know a lot". I truly believe,,,,and highlights bear witness...that zeke has kept Dak healthy. Through blocking, lotta carries (taking the pressure off), and a nice valve dump off. Watch Dak highlights and see.

Now zeke is having his "off year"..including some pitiful blocking....and Dak is injured. (And Andy, for that matter!) Co-incidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Some are SO sure we should never have drafted zeke...but some lower round RB. Muh...maybe that does make more sense. But...What if that player couldn't carry a big load in 2016 and offer great protection. Would Dak be who he is? Injured?

Yes...that was a GREAT o-line wasn't it? Agreed.

But still...you can SUGGEST a lower round RB would have been just fine based on just RB performances. But the universe doesn't work exactly that way.

And WE...have no accountability for all this knowledge you say "we" have (not me, hahah!) . We just act like it would have assuredly been better.
Some of us just have more of a opportunity to pass along our knowledge than others I guess.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is we have no consequences or accountability. Someone might "know a lot"...but that doesn't mean success. Most of the time it's hindsight couch coaching.

Let me give you an example....and not that I "know a lot". I truly believe,,,,and highlights bear witness...that zeke has kept Dak healthy. Through blocking, lotta carries (taking the pressure off), and a nice valve dump off. Watch Dak highlights and see.

Now zeke is having his "off year"..including some pitiful blocking....and Dak is injured. (And Andy, for that matter!) Co-incidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Some are SO sure we should never have drafted zeke...but some lower round RB. Muh...maybe that does make more sense. But...What if that player couldn't carry a big load in 2016 and offer great protection. Would Dak be who he is? Injured?

Yes...that was a GREAT o-line wasn't it? Agreed.

But still...you can SUGGEST a lower round RB would have been just fine based on just RB performances. But the universe doesn't work exactly that way.

And WE...have no accountability for all this knowledge you say "we" have (not me, hahah!) . We just act like it would have assuredly been better.
Yes I am one I would’ve passed on Elliot. He had one decent season. I don’t see it getting any better down the road. Hope I’m wrong , And I’m not just talking about his ability I’m talking about the coach is putting him in the right position for his abilities

Adreme

Reaction score
We will win out, go 8-8 and win the division. :popcorn:

I know they played horrible last game, but with no practice, dealing with the tragic loss of a coach, which happened in front of the team. That is a lot to overcome. Then losing 2 more starting OL on top of that.

However, with almost 2 weeks of rest, time to heal dealing with the loss, and time refocus, knowing the division is with reach and a soft schedule.

at Ravens, as they have not looked good, this could be a winnable upset game.
at Bengals, and with a back up QB, starting RB out, this too is winnable.
SF at home, though thy looked good against the Rams, and may be getting a few players back, but still possible win.
Eagles at home, and Wentz, no need to comment further.
at Giants, it could be winner is in, loser is out. And we know Garrett's record for win and in games. :muttley:

Ready for the playoffs? :flagwave:

OK, tear it apart. :D

The Ravens have not looked good because half their DLine was missing.... guess what problem is being solved right in time for the Cowboys game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ravens have not looked good because half their DLine was missing.... guess what problem is being solved right in time for the Cowboys game.

Oh teams always get healthy for our games, ALWAYS.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I am one I would’ve passed on Elliot. He had one decent season. I don’t see it getting any better down the road. Hope I’m wrong , And I’m not just talking about his ability I’m talking about the coach is putting him in the right position for his abilities

Nope...I think we should just keep running him up the gut with a struggling O-line. :cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of us just have more of a opportunity to pass along our knowledge than others I guess.

That's fine. I look forward to the nerd talk. Defensive coverage talk can make my head spin sometimes! But I try to pick up bits and pieces.

I never said there weren't knowledgeable people here. However...still have to take it with a grain of salt. Nobody HERE is running their own NFL team and held accountable.

I often tell people you don't have to be an astrophysicist to know NASA screwed up a couple times (or so). But knowing exactly what the problem was, how to fix it, and held accountable for it....is a different story. That's when it really matters. Otherwise just blowing smoke, so to speak (Sorry Challenger :( )

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't it be nice to draft a player like Chase Young? That's why I'm not hoping for anymore wins.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I know they played horrible last game, but with no practice, dealing with the tragic loss of a coach, which happened in front of the team. That is a lot to overcome. Then losing 2 more starting OL on top of that.

However, with almost 2 weeks of rest, time to heal dealing with the loss, and time refocus, knowing the division is with reach and a soft schedule.

SF at home, though thy looked good against the Rams, and may be getting a few players back, but still possible win.
at Giants, it could be winner is in, loser is out. And we know Garrett's record for win and in games. :muttley:

There is no doubt in my mind the Cowboys will win enough games to knock them out of a top ten pick because that is what they do...always screw themselves. 8-8, however, not a chance.

John813

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice to draft a player like Chase Young? That's why I'm not hoping for anymore wins.

Too bad there is no Chase Young on defense this draft.

Parsons, Surtain and Farley seem like very good potential pieces to add to the defense no doubt, but getting that stud DE on a 4-5 year "cheap" deal would of been gold.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We can hope.

Jipper

Reaction score
It’s about as low stress as can be right now. When the team loses it actually benefits them for the draft so no reason to get frustrated with their mistakes. Just watch them like preseason games and see if our “depth” starts improving.

yeah for sure....i don't even care if i miss watching now

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
20201207-175037.gif

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's fine. I look forward to the nerd talk. Defensive coverage talk can make my head spin sometimes! But I try to pick up bits and pieces.

I never said there weren't knowledgeable people here. However...still have to take it with a grain of salt. Nobody HERE is running their own NFL team and held accountable.

I often tell people you don't have to be an astrophysicist to know NASA screwed up a couple times (or so). But knowing exactly what the problem was, how to fix it, and held accountable for it....is a different story. That's when it really matters. Otherwise just blowing smoke, so to speak (Sorry Challenger :( )
I actually train work out with a two-time Super Bowl running back. It’s too bad he lost both times but still. I live in New England I have an opportunity to be among many professional athletes.