We win despite our incompetence

playmakers

Reaction score
Rack;2262610 said:
What?! WE got lucky?

The refs gave them 7 points on that BS PI call.

We gave them 7 points with the fumble IN the endzone.

Then the refs screwed up and blew a play dead when it should have been a fumble and allowed Adam Jones to pick up the fumble (that's what he was headed to do when he saw the ref signaling TD).

That's 21 points GIVEN to them.

Sorry, if anything it was the eagles that ALMOST got lucky. We should have won that game by 20+ points.

Rack, they were on the 30 yard line when they got that bad PI call. They would at least got 3 out of that drive without the PI and the way the game was going probably a td. As for Romo's fumble, I beileve you can cancel it out with Westbrook's. I think your totally off on the Jackson call. He made a once in a lifetime boneheaded play but the fact of the matter is why was he so wide open? Why was Roy Williams cover him and not Pacman, Newman, etc. Thats bad coaching. Everyone knows Roy cant even cover one of the slowskies and they expect him to run stride for stride with Jackson? This is the type of stuff that gets you beat against the really good teams. Even if we did get lucky and recovered that ball does it still change the fact that in the next big game Plex Burress catches the same route and he isnt a moron and keeps the ball. We have to sure that up is the point im making and let the guys we pay the big money to cover receivers do their job instead of this weak, im scared, 20 yards off the ball zone crap. If you want to make those arguments on the first drive you could make a case Jackson caught that ball and the Eagles recovered it for a td????? I just feel we have problems on the defensive side and it starts with putting players in the best places to succeed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
playmakers;2264488 said:
Rack, they were on the 30 yard line when they got that bad PI call. They would at least got 3 out of that drive without the PI and the way the game was going probably a td. As for Romo's fumble, I beileve you can cancel it out with Westbrook's. I think your totally off on the Jackson call. He made a once in a lifetime boneheaded play but the fact of the matter is why was he so wide open? Why was Roy Williams cover him and not Pacman, Newman, etc. Thats bad coaching. Everyone knows Roy cant even cover one of the slowskies and they expect him to run stride for stride with Jackson? This is the type of stuff that gets you beat against the really good teams. Even if we did get lucky and recovered that ball does it still change the fact that in the next big game Plex Burress catches the same route and he isnt a moron and keeps the ball. We have to sure that up is the point im making and let the guys we pay the big money to cover receivers do their job instead of this weak, im scared, 20 yards off the ball zone crap. If you want to make those arguments on the first drive you could make a case Jackson caught that ball and the Eagles recovered it for a td????? I just feel we have problems on the defensive side and it starts with putting players in the best places to succeed.

They weren't asking Roy to run stride for stride with Jackson. They were asking him to play deep zone. It was essentially the same play that TO scored on against Philly. Roy apparently got caught sneaking up for a shorter route and that left him in bad position. If he stays back instead of cheating up, then he is in good position to defend the deep throw.

playmakers

Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned that on the first post its Quarters cover 4. I hate that coverage. We play it too darn much imo. If the saftey stays deep the offense can either have the 12 yard hook or square in and if the saftey goes to defend those routes he has a deep ball. We need to be more aggresive.

JPM

Reaction score
nyc;2264918 said:
Personally, I think we should punt rush on every down. :cool:
Nah, it only works some of the time in Madden.