Weather update for Sunday's game *Merge*

brickman

Reaction score
I just watched our weather this morning and the winds are supposed to switch so that they are blowing out of the north which will bring lake effect snow off of Lake Erie down into Pittsburgh for the game on Sunday. They are not expecting a lot of snow, but it will probably be cold and windy. GO COWBOYS!!!!!:star:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2460621 said:
good thing for the snow

bad thing for the wind..

True, not happy about the wind forecast. But am I expected to believe the Steelers have a better running game than us?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460625 said:
True, not happy about the wind forecast. But am I expected to believe the Steelers have a better running game than us?

Yeah...somehow a gimpy Willie Parker, and Mewelde Moore don't exactly strike fear into my heart.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2460631 said:
Yeah...somehow a gimpy Willie Parker, and Mewelde Moore don't exactly strike fear into my heart.

I know, Mewelde is a journeyman running back, and Willie has about as much running power as Julius Jones. Sorry, I take a look at the Steelers schedule and it screams overrated -- nearly all the teams they played who I have an ounce of respect for as being good teams (Giants, Eagles, Colts), they lost to.

They are 1-2 against the NFC East, they're about to get a trifecta.

brickman

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460643 said:
I know, Mewelde is a journeyman running back, and Willie has about as much running power as Julius Jones. Sorry, I take a look at the Steelers schedule and it screams overrated -- nearly all the teams they played who I have an ounce of respect for as being good teams (Giants, Eagles, Colts), they lost to.

They are 1-2 against the NFC East, they're about to get a trifecta.

SWEET!:star:

newlander

Reaction score
I think we beat them at texas stadium no problem: probably badly. But all of you who don't think the weather will event his game out are crazy. Neither team runs the ball that well, and Pitt. is use to the field: plain and simple. (I'd love to see temps in the 30's with no wind: we'd win by 7-10pts IMO)

Reaction score
brickman;2460617 said:
I just watched our weather this morning and the winds are supposed to switch so that they are blowing out of the north which will bring lake effect snow off of Lake Erie down into Pittsburgh for the game on Sunday. They are not expecting a lot of snow, but it will probably be cold and windy. GO COWBOYS!!!!!:star:

I heard the same thing! Light snow but cold.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not so much worried about their offense as I am about their defense putting their offense into great positions that allow them to capitalize on short fields.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
What's with all the weather weenies? Last January, did the Giants ***** and moan about the sub-zero temps at Lambeau or did they go up there and take care of business?

"But the field might not be in perfect .. ""

Spare me the preemptive excuses and just win.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Funny, Wade talked at the PC today about how when he was at Buffalo, they practiced indoors all season long. But in the media and then at game time they'd play up how "This is Buffalo football weather!" like they had some huge advantage... Just like the Steelers are doing this week.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2461206 said:
Funny, Wade talked at the PC today about how when he was at Buffalo, they practiced indoors all season long. But in the media and then at game time they'd play up how "This is Buffalo football weather!" like they had some huge advantage... Just like the Steelers are doing this week.

The Steelers have been practicing outside.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2461208 said:
The Steelers have been practicing outside.

I meant the Playing It Up As Some Huge Advantage part.

Are you Steeler fans going to be able to go on if you lose Sunday? Or is that simply not possible?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The wind is going to hurt the cowboys more with there passing attack than the crappy steeler offense. Just another reason to give them a bigger beat down.

noletime95

Reaction score
Man, I sure hope Barber can go, because #9 can't sling it all over the field in that weather. What horrible timing to have Barber dinged.

Mansta54

Reaction score
noletime95;2461634 said:
Man, I sure hope Barber can go, because #9 can't sling it all over the field in that weather. What horrible timing to have Barber dinged.

Neither can Ben and I'll take our oline and running game over theirs any day of the week, with or without MB3. Choice can run....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Our offense goes as Tony goes. Big winds means less long and intermediate routes. It does condense the field some but it likely won't mean the end of passes. It's definitely better to be stout against the run under those circumstances and to be able to pound the rock.