Weeden is better than Matt Cassel?

Deep_South

Reaction score
Hard to believe Buffalo would cut him with a starting QB who has only thrown 35 passes in four years and E.J. Manuel as the backup. But, if they do let him go, he'll probably be priced too high for us to pick up this late. His cap number with Buffalo is $4 million. I think we'll end up sticking with Weeden - he's cheap and knows the offense. I do think Cassel is better than Weeden, but probably not by very much.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
the difference between weeden and cassel isnt great enough to throw weedens knowlege of the offense away to make the move 10 days before the opener.

Unfortunately, this. Had this been before TC, I would have been screamin' for Cassel (I was on record with saying Cassel and Fitz were far better than Weeden), but as it is, no amount of working against the practice squad can compensate for not having experienced our training camp and pre-season. Weeden, as incompetent as he seems (and probably is) is more embedded with our Offensive scheme.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I just feel like Weeden would hurt the Cowboys, while Cassells, behind a solid line with some solid short receiving options (Beasley/Witten/Escobar) and hopefully an above average running game, would only need to game manage, which he can handle from what I remember of his Cheifs days. But not if it means a higher contract, I don't want to lose someone like TWill next year because of budget restraints from the 2nd QB

RoboQB

Reaction score
Who cares who our back up qb is?

Y'all scared or what?

Romo goes down...Weeden can be a bus driver behind this line ...chill the f out.

Pop in the Cardinals game from last year and see how chilled you feel, Lane.
Bottom line is, if Romo gets hurt for a lengthy amount of time, we're screwed... no matter who the backup is.

Zordon

Reaction score
the difference between weeden and cassel isnt great enough to throw weedens knowlege of the offense away to make the move 10 days before the opener.

What did Weeden's knowledge of the offense get us last year?

Zordon

Reaction score
Romo goes down...Weeden can be a bus driver behind this line ...chill the f out.

JackieChan.jpeg

did you watch the cardinals game last year?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Pop in the Cardinals game from last year and see how chilled you feel, Lane.
Bottom line is, if Romo gets hurt for a lengthy amount of time, we're screwed... no matter who the backup is.

That's kind of what i was saying brah.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
JackieChan.jpeg

did you watch the cardinals game last year?

Yes!!

yes..i did actually..I know that Weeden is good enough to be a bus driver.. he has an arm that can keep defenses respectful of his deep ball as well.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think we really need to draft a quarterback next year to go with the running back. It would be nice to at least try to skip the next iteration of Chad, Drew, Ryan, Vinny, etc. and allow Weeden to move along to his next stop.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like it or not, Weeden will be the #2 this season. He knows the offense and that counts for a lot. Cassel can't even win a spot in Buffalo............

If Romo goes down, neither Brandon nor Matt will make much of a difference :(

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
No, you said that Weeden could be a bus driver behind this line and everyone should chill the f out.... That's what you said, brah.

I'm saying the bus will drive off a cliff if Romo gets hurt.

Chill out brah..everything is going to be alright...you'll see.