Weeden is better than Matt Cassel?

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Weeden is not a better QB than Cassel, however, Weeden knows the playbook, which is kind of important as a QB.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Weeden is complete garbage. We have a Cleveland Browns Factory of Sadness reject backing up Romo. Cassell led well in place of Brady during that horrid season where I took Brady with my #1 pick in fantasy football and went the the rest of the season with Jay Cutler. Meanwhile Cassell kicked butt all across the league. Maybe we can get Cutler for a 7th and happy meal.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Cassel has been all over the league I believe we would be his fourth or fifth team...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cassel's problem is that he could save them almost $5 million if they cut him and he is 33 while Manual is a former first round pick.

If he had started camp here, he would have beaten Weeden out fairly easily. Having said that, I doubt they make a move for him since Weeden knows their system and Romo will be getting almost all of the snaps going forward.

Edit: I should add that I wish they would take the chance anyway because I have seen plenty of both and Cassel with no playbook is probably about equal to Weeden with extensive playbook knowledge.

Last edited:

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Yes!!

yes..i did actually..I know that Weeden is good enough to be a bus driver.. he has an arm that can keep defenses respectful of his deep ball as well.

I know he's got a strong arm but Arizona stacked the box knew he wouldn't attack deep for some reason.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Pop in the Cardinals game from last year and see how chilled you feel, Lane.
Bottom line is, if Romo gets hurt for a lengthy amount of time, we're screwed... no matter who the backup is.

Correct. Bottom line, if one of our incredible rbbc members screws the pooch on a blitz pickup (highly possible) and Romo goes down for any length of time, we are indeed screwed.

Gotta love when they try to fix a RB position that ain't broke with two years left in Romo's window. Brilliance....

Weeden ain't it.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I know he's got a strong arm but Arizona stacked the box knew he wouldn't attack deep for some reason.

It's because they watched him in Cleveland. ;) Defenses know that if you make Weeden throw then you will most likely win the game. That sounds kind of mean, but that was kind of his rep at the end with the Browns.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
cassel is a vet. I'd guess he'd okay learning the playbook... him over weeden all day every day.

Jenky

Reaction score
Agree. And Arizona is no slouch on defense.

Respectfully disagree. Sure it was 1 game and against Arizona. But the guy is mentally weak.

Once things start to go wrong, there's no recovery for him. His confidence takes a big hit and his throws are complete ****. He can pout all he wants on the sideline.

Reactions: BAT

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cassel can step in with very limited knowledge of the offense and go win a game or two.

Weeden... Well. We know what he can do.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cassel on paper looks like Steve Buerlein type QB, a decent bridge guy but is not a long term solution as starter.

black label

Reaction score
chiefs-fan-matt_cassel-injured.jpg

sbark

Reaction score
I wonder if the Cowboys front office would take a peek at Cassel if he made it all the way thru waivers without being claimed.......which would then negate his existing 4 mill contract......and then the Cowboys would be able to sit down a get him for what they perceive as value.

superonyx

Reaction score
One game is important. We were one freaking game away from home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The cardinals were begging us to win that game.

Didn't Weeden come in and stink up the Commanders game also?
The truth is Weeden shouldn't still be on this team.
Matt Casell isn't Aaron Rodgers but it would be an unfair insult to call him a Brandon Weeden.