Weeden or Moore would have won the game for us

cnhnyy

Reaction score
We could have possibly won the Giants game as well.

The drive after INT and the last minute drive were the most pathetic drives by a QB in all NFL games I have seen. Matt Cassel has no vision, no arm, no accuracy and no confidence. His short passes are blocked half of time and his long passes are basically interceptions waiting to happen.

They need to release him ASAP.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
And we could've won the games we lost with Weeden had Cassel been playing. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

lukin2006

Reaction score
All this tells me is the cowboys prepared poorly in the off season in case of serious injuries. The team poorly filled the backup QB position, not to mention fumbled the football when addressing the RB position, this group of receivers (with the exception of Dez, Witten and Dunbar) are average at best. And this pretty much describes the cowboys over the last 25 years or so ... they have 1 really good year, then in the toilet. I know Romo and Dez are big parts, but to think we've been 0-5 in their absence ... ridiculous. The offence didn't look good in camp and didn't look all that good against the Giants and Eagles ... I know they racked up the yards, but you need to score to win, this team could easily be 1-6 and I don't see them beating the eagles ...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The difference between the two isn't enough to get worked up about but Weeden was better than what Cassel has been and that's with a lot less going for him. I don't see how that's even debatable.
Having said that, I don't really see the benefit of a switch unless (as I fear, and stated in another thread) Cassel really has lost his remaining arm strength.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cassel is our best option at QB IMO. I think Weedon's confidence is probably done at this point. Cassel can make plays down the field. He will make mistakes as well but everybody knows that. Cassel's problem is not his abilities. Those are what they are and we accepted that when we decided to go with him. It's the offense we are running right now IMO. We have to live with the mistakes and score points. If not, we are going to continue to see the same kinds of results. At least that's my opinion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cassel is our best option at QB IMO. I think Weedon's confidence is probably done at this point. Cassel can make plays down the field. He will make mistakes as well but everybody knows that. Cassel's problem is not his abilities. Those are what they are and we accepted that when we decided to go with him. It's the offense we are running right now IMO. We have to live with the mistakes and score points. If not, we are going to continue to see the same kinds of results. At least that's my opinion.

I actually like Cassel slightly better than I like Bradford this week.

Bigdog

Reaction score
All this tells me is the cowboys prepared poorly in the off season in case of serious injuries. The team poorly filled the backup QB position, not to mention fumbled the football when addressing the RB position, this group of receivers (with the exception of Dez, Witten and Dunbar) are average at best. And this pretty much describes the cowboys over the last 25 years or so ... they have 1 really good year, then in the toilet. I know Romo and Dez are big parts, but to think we've been 0-5 in their absence ... ridiculous. The offence didn't look good in camp and didn't look all that good against the Giants and Eagles ... I know they racked up the yards, but you need to score to win, this team could easily be 1-6 and I don't see them beating the eagles ...[/q

They easily could be 6-1 also. They are basically not able to close out games not matter who is the qb is besides Romo.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

He can? When does that start to kick in?

brymatt94

Reaction score
Wasn't there a wonderful time when someone could come in and sabotage the topic of a thread? Tacos? Something along those lines.