News: Week 1 Power Rankings by NFL.com

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You can LOL all you want, but both are true. The Saints offense is going to be pretty middle of the road as it was the 2nd half of last year, and the Eagles are average if not weak at every position on defense except DT. Are we supposed to be scared of Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham - who combined for 6.5 sacks in 22 games last year - or something? Is Avontae Maddox going to just go ahead and shut down Amari or something?

LOL

Safety- Jenkins, McLeod, Sendejo, Cyprien
CB- Darby, Jones, Maddox, Douglas
DE- Sweat, Graham, Barnett, Curry

"Weak" :facepalm:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How is listing their names an argument?

How is saying "is Maddox going to go ahead and shut down Cooper" an argument? Maddox isnt even their CB1 lmao.

If you know the players, there shouldn't be much argument needed to understand that's not a weak group.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Steelers movin' up, baby!

We're only 7 QB retirement announcements away from taking the top spot.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
How is saying "is Maddox going to go ahead and shut down Cooper" an argument? Maddox isnt even their CB1 lmao.

If you know the players, there shouldn't be much argument needed to understand that's not a weak group.
I mean, I know the names. I'd say Darby is maybe above average and injury prone. The rest are Jags.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Our kicker sucks. That's what worries me.

If Kellen is the offensive mind we are told he is, we have a shot. If it is the same old, then we will have to wait to next year again.

Sydla

Reaction score
You can LOL all you want, but both are true. The Saints offense is going to be pretty middle of the road as it was the 2nd half of last year, and the Eagles are average if not weak at every position on defense except DT. Are we supposed to be scared of Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham - who combined for 6.5 sacks in 22 games last year - or something? Is Avontae Maddox going to just go ahead and shut down Amari or something?

The Eagles defense, even with their injuries last year, were still a top half of the league defense and get some players back from injury.

To think they are going to be "trash" like a bottom third of the league defense is just silly.

And the Saints averaged over 28 points per game the second half of the season. Sure, it was below the 34 they averaged the first 8 games, but 28 points per game over the season would have ranked them 4th in football.

Middle of the road. LOL.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Eagles defense, even with their injuries last year, were still a top half of the league defense and get some players back from injury.

To think they are going to be "trash" like a bottom third of the league defense is just silly.
They ranked 30th in passing ypg,18th in ypa and lost their second- and third-best pass rushers. They were 20th in ypc. They are trash.

Sydla

Reaction score
They ranked 30th in passing ypg,18th in ypa and lost their second- and third-best pass rushers. They were 20th in ypc. They are trash.

12th in scoring defense and did all that with guys off the street after their LBs and secondary were ravaged with injuries.

If you are banking on the Cowboys winning the division because the Eagles defense is going to suck, you are going to be in for a rude awakening. The Eagles defense isn't going to suck.

Like how the Saints offense was middle of the road the last 8 games of the year, despite averaging 28 points per game over that period which would have been 4th best in the league.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
12th in scoring defense and did all that with guys off the street after their LBs and secondary were ravaged with injuries.

If you are banking on the Cowboys winning the division because the Eagles defense is going to suck, you are going to be in for a rude awakening. The Eagles defense isn't going to suck.

Like how the Saints offense was middle of the road the last 8 games of the year, despite averaging 28 points per game over that period which would have been 4th best in the league.
They sucked last year. The only reason their scoring defense was fine was because they played crappy offenses all season.

Ok...if you go by their actual last 8, to include playoffs, it was 21. In 3 of those games, they scored fewer than 15 points. You can semantics it all you like, but the offense absolutely dipped. It happened to coincide directly with the Cowboys game. After that, they averaged less than 20.

phildadon86

Reaction score

And the Saints averaged over 28 points per game the second half of the season. Sure, it was below the 34 they averaged the first 8 games, but 28 points per game over the season would have ranked them 4th in football.

Middle of the road. LOL.
Their DC is also a genius. I love how people think we are just going to walk away with this division. Does anyone recall when we were really almost unstoppable in 2014 and we lost to the Skins led by Colt Mccoy? Divisional games are a toss up no matter who has more talent on the other side. Period

Sydla

Reaction score
They sucked last year. The only reason their scoring defense was fine was because they played crappy offenses all season.

Ok...if you go by their actual last 8, to include playoffs, it was 21. In 3 of those games, they scored fewer than 15 points. You can semantics it all you like, but the offense absolutely dipped. It happened to coincide directly with the Cowboys game. After that, they averaged less than 20.

LOL, one of those games Brees and most of the starters didn't even play.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
LOL, one of those games Brees and most of the starters didn't even play.
Doesn't change anything. But again, semantics.

The offense declined significantly in the back end of last season. Pick whichever range of games you want, it got worse. Everyone knows this.

Sydla

Reaction score
Their DC is also a genius. I love how people think we are just going to walk away with this division. Does anyone recall when we were really almost unstoppable in 2014 and we lost to the Skins led by Colt Mccoy? Divisional games are a toss up no matter who has more talent on the other side. Period

Nah.

Eagles D gonna suck. Really bad. So I have been told.

Sydla

Reaction score
Doesn't change anything. But again, semantics.

The offense declined significantly in the back end of last season. Pick whichever range of games you want, it got worse. Everyone knows this.

I picked the last 8 regular season games and they averaged 28 points per game. Even more if you take out the last game where none of the starters played.

The idea that the Saints offense will be blah and be middle of the pack is just mostly wishful thinking from fans who want to try to justify why the odds makers and pundits who have the Saints above the Cowboys are a bunch of idiots.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I picked the last 8 regular season games and they averaged 28 points per game. Even more if you take out the last game where none of the starters played.

The idea that the Saints offense will be blah and be middle of the pack is just mostly wishful thinking from fans who want to try to justify why the odds makers and pundits who have the Saints above the Cowboys are a bunch of idiots.
It was blah and middle of the pack their last 8 games, including playoffs.

It's not wishful thinking, it's what they were last year. It's wishful thinking to think Drew Brees is all of a sudden going to have an arm capable of spreading out defenses. Their problems are simple - they have 1 good WR and a QB who can't throw over the top with any consistency, so they have to play in a 20-yard box. Good NFL defenses eat that up, as they did at the end of last year, and as Cleveland showed in like week 2. I was saying last year that the Saints offense wasn't nearly as good as its numbers, and I'm saying now that it's not nearly as good as the numbers early last year. It has nothing to do with pundits.

Scotman

Reaction score
The Eagles hatred makes it so difficult for yall to be subjective lol.

They improved at RB, WR, OL, DT, safety, while will also better at CB by virtue of that they couldnt have been any less healthy last season.
You are correct. I'm not subjective at all. I hate them. The only reason I don't put them last in the division is because I also hate Washington and New York.

Blinded by hate.

:)

Sydla

Reaction score
It was blah and middle of the pack their last 8 games, including playoffs.

It's not wishful thinking, it's what they were last year. It's wishful thinking to think Drew Brees is all of a sudden going to have an arm capable of spreading out defenses. Their problems are simple - they have 1 good WR and a QB who can't throw over the top with any consistency, so they have to play in a 20-yard box. Good NFL defenses eat that up, as they did at the end of last year, and as Cleveland showed in like week 2. I was saying last year that the Saints offense wasn't nearly as good as its numbers, and I'm saying now that it's not nearly as good as the numbers early last year. It has nothing to do with pundits.

Hard to believe a QB with a pop gun arm who can't throw deep with any consistency finished with a rating of 115, a QBR of 82 and was 6th in yards per attempt can't get it done anymore and is limited.

I wish our QB was that limited.