Week 1 QB Stats , Daks not alone

InTheZone

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

this is a reality check Dak needs more work didnt look great but the bottom 16-18 Qbs were all as bad or worse than Dak, Facts are plain and simple..also if you look at the ones in the top 16 a whole lot of INTS and Fumbles at the QB postion..

outside of maybe 6 Starting QBs most of the league didnt get good qb play...heck other then running Cam was as bad as Dak Throwing..they said Defenses are light years ahead of Offenses early in the year, all the new players we have and lack of PS work with them all on the field, New G New C and rust..I know sounds like excuses but it really isn't a chicken little deal here.. Yes yes I realize this is more of the same from many games last year but im going to give Dak and the offense chance to try and gel, add in no more witten and Dez baily gone.. lets try and see this from another angle win or lose its still our team and all the negativity should end after 24hrs and lets try and root for our team VS tear it down
Don't care about what other teams/QBs did, and I knew a thread like this would be created

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak looked bad and I think he's *probably* still our franchise QB but he definitely needs to improve. Would help if Linehan had half a brain though.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I knew this was coming

Look at the throws Cam made vs the throws Dak made.

Thats the difference
Yes but Beasley and Williams aside, Dak has no rapport with his receiving corps yet. Only time can create that. I'm not saying Dak was good, he wasn't but there were bigger reasons than him that we lost.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is his third year so I expect improvement. They got rid of Dez...wanted to make the offense Dak friendly. I have no faith in the WR's but that's what he wants. No excuses for him anymore.
Game 1 of the 3rd season with little practice and PS..lets breathe..I get it, I see what happened the ;last 8 games last year and now game 1 but we have a lot of games left

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes but Beasley and Williams aside, Dak has no rapport with his receiving corps yet. Only time can create that. I'm not saying Dak was good, he wasn't but there were bigger reasons than him that we lost.

That didn't seem to be a problem for Dak in his rookie season, he had no real rapport with any of his receivers then. The difference is tape....lots and lots of tape on Dak now

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Game 1 of the 3rd season with little practice and PS..lets breathe..I get it, I see what happened the ;last 8 games last year and now game 1 but we have a lot of games left
Yea and I'll give him this season but he didn't look good. The whole offense didn't really. It's just really frustrating.

Batman1980

Reaction score
probably not, he completed some tight window passes into double coverage. He made plays when he had to big difference.

I think the weather got to both of them, seemed like the field was a factor as well. We'll see how they play next week against the G-Strings.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think the weather got to both of them, seemed like the field was a factor as well. We'll see how they play next week against the G-Strings.
Ok but throw for throw Cam made them. He had at least two throws where he fit it in there with bracket coverage on his mediocre WRs.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Giants held Bortles to 176 yards 1 TD and 1 INT, gonna be a long day cause Dak is no Blake Bortles!!:thumbdown:

jujoboys

Reaction score
My thoughts. Dak could have played better and missed on several throws. However, I think there are valid reasons why he struggled.

1) The interior of our OLine (especially the left side) was constantly getting pushed back into the pocket. It is hard to make throws when your LG is getting pushed into you.
2) Early in the game we were constantly in long yardage situations deep on our side of the field due to penalties, negative running plays, or sacks.
3) Collins still seems to struggle at RT. I still think he needs to be playing guard.
4) Play calling was super conservative and predictable. Allowed the Panthers to stay in the box and keep Zeke contained while applying pressure on Dak.
5) Outside of Zeke there is absolutely no playmakers on the offense. Our WRs and TEs don't strike fear into any defense. We may have the worst set of skill position players in the NFL.

My point is this, mediocre/below average OLine play, lack of offensive play makers, plus lack of a running game = a QB that is going to struggle when playing a good defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok but throw for throw Cam made them. He had at least two throws where he fit it in there with bracket coverage on his mediocre WRs.
those were nearly INTs they could go either way when you force them in there and he got lucky

Batman1980

Reaction score

Supah Scam did not impress me and his utility RB made a lot of his stats. In large part due to a certain linebacker that might be past his prime whiffing on some tackles.