Week 1 QB Stats , Daks not alone

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I guess he is experiencing rookie rust still after 2016. Forget preseason rust. It's been a while since he has looked sharp and accurate. We can give him alibi's all day long, the WRs weren't getting separation, the line wasn't blocking. The ball was wet. It's only week 1. Personally I think he's just not as good as the hype. I wish he were better obviously, but he looked out of his element with the short hop throws yesterday, and over throws.

There were other QBs that struggled too, sure. But they're either on the decline, young, or not very good. Big Ben was dreadful, and he is on the decline. Bradford was terrible, and he is on the decline. Matt Ryan and Foles looked bad and mediocre and shocking, just like us they have hung on too long to their Offensive Coordinator while shocked at getting the same results in the red zone with Matt Ryan. Joe Flacco looked like Tom Brady yesterday and same with Fitzgerald. Sure didn't slow them down from going over the 400 yard mark.

Let's not kid around here. We're not very good, we have terrible coaching and we have one of the worst QBs in our franchise's history as our QB coach. Why are we foolishly expecting Dak to flip a switch and play like Drew Brees? Way too many mechanical issues, let alone talent around him issues (WRs, TEs and Coaching) to even be decent, let alone MVP like. Even if Dak is not very good, he has no shot of being average with what he has around him.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Yep, gave up on the run far too early.

giphy-downsized.gif