CFZ Week 2 Preseason Observations, Cowboys vs. Chargers

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm with you. I'm just pointing out what's been said/seems to be going on. Frankly, I think our current plan is going to be bad no matter who we rely on.

Pollard (Has little experience as a true receiver and has been more of a threat out of the backfield, which is different than lining up against a No. 2 corner and having to beat them with your route-running.)

Brown (Has been nothing more than a No. 4 receiver relied on more for his blocking than his receiving.)

Fehoko (Second-year receiver who didn't show enough last year to even make the active roster for most of the season, but has performed better this preseason than anything we saw from him last year)

Tolbert (Third-round rookie who hasn't torn up the preseason to the extent to make us think he can be more than a typical rookie receiver; seems hit and miss)

Houston (Hasn't really done much in the preseason.)

Turpin (Used on jet sweeps and screens so far, so ability to get open downfield hasn't really been shown.)

Vasher (Was getting some praise in camp, but really hasn't shown anything in the preseason.)

Brandon Smith (Possibly has been our most impressive receiver in the preseason, but he's mainly been going up against third-, fourth- and fifth-stringers.)

I agree with you. But I'm a little bit more hopeful one of the younger receivers will step up to the plate and become that number #2 or #3. I like Fehoko because of his measurables - 6'4, 220 lbs and runs a 4.3. I'm also intrigued by Houston who make not be the fastest but runs crisp routes, gets open and catches everything. I don't think he has dropped a pass yet.