Week 3: What are your concerns with Green Bay...

fan62

Reaction score
Just looking at the numbers, I think Dallas can outscore GB easily.

Rodgers scares me a bit, but how well the Green Bay offense does, depends on how much pressure the Boys defensive line can apply on Rodgers. Given time, Rodgers could pick us apart.

I hope we can slow him down enough to win. I think we will.

One thing that would help big time, for Dallas is that the we control the clock with the running game.

I still pick Dallas to win by 14.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fan62;2266245 said:
Just looking at the numbers, I think Dallas can outscore GB easily.

Rodgers scares me a bit, but how well the Green Bay offense does, depends on how much pressure the Boys defensive line can apply on Rodgers. Given time, Rodgers could pick us apart.

I hope we can slow him down enough to win. I think we will.

One thing that would help big time, for Dallas is that the we control the clock with the running game.

I still pick Dallas to win by 14.

If we count on our Dline to get pressure on Roger we will lose that battle.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2266066 said:
Penalties.

We are our own worst enemy.

We clear that up and I fear no team in this league.

None!

Ditto.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2266030 said:
I'm not to worried about there defensive front. Tony Romo is the only QB in the NFL (Besides Joe Flaco) that has not been sacked; so I think our O-Line will hold strong.

I guess my concern is the secondary's; on both sides. They have some quality DB's. Also, can our DB's play better press coverage and limit there yardage. I don't think there O-Line will contain our LB's like Philly did, but I'm not predicting a sack fest either.

Thoughts??

Prediction: Dallas 24 Green Bay 17

:packers:
#1 concern: Not winning

bootyhunta

Reaction score
jzcowboy;2266349 said:
But I will be!!!

I will be as well and my only concern for the game is that I will shot by some Packer fan with a hunting rifle as I walk out of the stadium with my arms raised in VICTORY!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I'm really amazed at how many people are worried about our defensiuve front.... We sacked McNabb 4 times on Monday. I personally think the Eagles O-Line is pretty good, and they got away with a lot of holding penalties.

Has Green Bays O-Line seen a defensive front like ours? No. Please do not say Minnesota, because Jared Allen is over rated, and the Williams boys are not all that and a bag of chips.

McNabb was scrambling all over the place, and Rogers is nowhere near a McNabb inside or outside the pocket.

Stop being a bunch of freakin babies already!!!! :bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2266545 said:
I'm really amazed at how many people are worried about our defensiuve front.... We sacked McNabb 4 times on Monday. I personally think the Eagles O-Line is pretty good, and they got away with a lot of holding penalties.

Has Green Bays O-Line seen a defensive front like ours? No. Please do not say Minnesota, because Jared Allen is over rated, and the Williams boys are not all that and a bag of chips.

McNabb was scrambling all over the place, and Rogers is nowhere near a McNabb inside or outside the pocket.

Stop being a bunch of freakin babies already!!!! :bang2:

not to nit pick or anything however three of those sacks where from our Lb'rs

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
My concern is their defense, which has been playing pretty well. Plus, Aaron Rodgers has been playing pretty close to "lights out" at QB.

It will be a tough game to win if the Cowboys are having to play catch-up all game.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2266545 said:
McNabb was scrambling all over the place...
But Mick Green told me that McNabb pretty much had an easy night considering the lack of pass rush by the Cowboys? And I thought I was the only one watching the game. :cool:

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2266728 said:
Romo has not been sacked? Since when has the Dallas O Line been any good?

0 sacks in the first 2 games... Joe Flacco is the only other QB that hasn't been sacked.

McNabb has been sacked 4 times.... all by Dallas.

circasurvive

Reaction score
As a Packers fan I cant see why Dallas fans would be worried about this game. Theyre the better team.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
circasurvive;2266772 said:
As a Packers fan I cant see why Dallas fans would be worried about this game. Theyre the better team.

Welcome to the world of Cowboyism....

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
djtavo;2266148 said:
my concerns are if we lose how this board will be come sunday night....

My concern is how this board will be even if we win Sunday night.:cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The thing that scares me the most is there running game. Historically, we have had trouble stopping the run. Especially the power run game, right up the middle. They are averaging 4.6 yards a carry, as a team. That's pretty decent, considering they've already played Minnesota. I consider that Viking defense to be just about as good as it comes against the run in the NFL and the put up 139 yards rushing against them. Grant, alone, rushed for 92 yards on 12 carries against that front four. That is very impressive. That's how they are doing it. Everybody is focusing on how well Rogers is doing but he's not having to face a whole lot of adversity, to this point.

If you start breaking down Green Bay, you'll see that they are running the ball very effectively. You'll also see that they are winning the TOP game. They are also 50% on 3rd down conversions, to this point. That tells me that there OL is getting the job done. It tells me that they are facing good down and distance on third down which suggests that they are probably very efficiant on 1st down. We need to be able to stop there running game or they will beat us the same way we beat teams under Parcells. If we get into a ball control game with them and we can't stop there run, we are in trouble. There OL will take control of our defensive front and they will wear us down. However, if we force long 3rd down situations with them, allow our defense to rush the passer, we will beat them going away. I don't think they can win if we force them to beat us with the pass. I think that Rodgers will struggle if he has to pass to win. The key is there running game. If they can effectively run that ball, we are in for a long day. If not, I think we beat them, no sweat.