Week 9 Tank Update

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think we've got a realistic shot at No. 2 and a legitimate inside track at no worse than top 3.

Unfortunately, I think the Jets are too good at stinking to let this slip away.
Curious what happens with Darnold when they draft Lawrence.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, get the best LT available and don't look back.
What results did we have with 4 no 1 picks and 1 no 2 picks on the line?
Offlineman are picked up in the later rounds and coached up.
Playmakers win Superbowls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGS87

Reaction score
We need Jacksonville to beat Houston... Houston won’t take qb at #2

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
All def draft and rebuild the OL with trades and FA and we can right this ship pretty quickly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No, get the best LT available and don't look back.
I disagree. I say yes draft a LT candidate but I think you can get 2-3 more seasons out of T. Smith. The neck surgery should cure what has been ailing him the last 3-4 seasons. You need to go defense, DT, DE, LB, Safety, sprinkle in some CB, TE, and more defense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we are in the top 5 end of the season, I would not mind trading back and maybe getting a second 1st or a high 2nd round pick out of it.
The challenge with that is this isn't a great draft except at QB, the top 2, and RB's and teams don't want to go high even for Etienne or Harris.

If the Cowboys are in the top 5, but not the top 2, they have a shot at one of the two blue chip LT's and chances are they'd have to stay put because a trader would most likely be going up for one of them.

There isn't a monster D player, like Young last season, so they'd be better off to go for one of the LT's and Sewell looks to be the best and young too, just like Big Smitty was when they drafted him.

But what will really be interesting is if they're in the top 2 in the draft. Take either Lawrence or Fields or sign Prescott?

Rajveer

Reaction score
The challenge with that is this isn't a great draft except at QB, the top 2, and RB's and teams don't want to go high even for Etienne or Harris.

If the Cowboys are in the top 5, but not the top 2, they have a shot at one of the two blue chip LT's and chances are they'd have to stay put because a trader would most likely be going up for one of them.

There isn't a monster D player, like Young last season, so they'd be better off to go for one of the LT's and Sewell looks to be the best and young too, just like Big Smitty was when they drafted him.

But what will really be interesting is if they're in the top 2 in the draft. Take either Lawrence or Fields or sign Prescott?
What if we move back and get another first in next year's draft?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If we are in the top 5 end of the season, I would not mind trading back and maybe getting a second 1st or a high 2nd round pick out of it.
A top 5 pick better get you at the very least 2 late 1st rounders.
Value-wise is could be even more than that.....say either two 2021 1st rounders or a 2021 1st and 2nd, plus a 2022 1st (which equal a 2021 2nd in trade value)

Btw, this is why I had mixed feelings on taking Zeke at 4th overall a few years ago. Old news though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need Jacksonville to beat Houston... Houston won’t take qb at #2
That is MIA's pick but they won't take one either but they will trade it to a team that will.

There are wild cards in the draft sometimes, Snyder wanted Griffin so bad he gave up everything as Ditka did to get Williams.

ATL took a QB first and that worked out really well for them. If they can get a shot at Lawrence, who played at neighbor Clemson and is well known in the GA area, they will take it and be willing to give up Julio to get him. Then they've got a good lure for the HC they want. Bieniemy would be a good match for Lawrence or Fields.

The question is will the team with that 1st pick deal it or take the easy choice with Lawrence? Few fans or going to fault any team with going with him. Especially when Burrow and Herbert look good so far. The challenge is Lawrence is used to being surrounded with a bunch of 5 stars backed up by 4 stars and a great RB and strong D.