CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Of course I did.

He won three and he clearly was hurting in the T-day game. Did you not watch the man's entire career?
Your post said you're sticking with Romo until he shows he's regressed. Well in 4 games last season he was dreadful.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Your post said you're sticking with Romo until he shows he's regressed. Well in 4 games last season he was dreadful.

I disagree that he was dreadful in all four games. I doubt he forgot how to play the game. I don't believe there is any reason to think he can't play at his 2014 level if healthy. If he gets hurt... well it's a great position to be in to be able to hand the ball to the next great Dallas QB (fingers crossed)

Plankton

Reaction score

Hyperbole.

He was poor in the Carolina game. The Miami game he was so so. The Giant and Eagle games he played solid football.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Hyperbole.

He was poor in the Carolina game. The Miami game he was so so. The Giant and Eagle games he played solid football.
OK, so one solid game out of 4 is not showing a decline? I'm not sure how much some folks need to see. An entire season of him?

I disagree that he was dreadful in all four games. I doubt he forgot how to play the game. I don't believe there is any reason to think he can't play at his 2014 level if healthy. If he gets hurt... well it's a great position to be in to be able to hand the ball to the next great Dallas QB (fingers crossed)
Who said anything about him forgetting how to play? Again, you said you want to see if there are signs of regression. We saw 4 games of it when he played last year, and it's almost like they never happened to some people.

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
OK, so one solid game out of 4 is not showing a decline? I'm not sure how much some folks need to see. An entire season of him?

Who said anything about him forgetting how to play? Again, you said you want to see if there are signs of regression. We saw 4 games of it when he played last year, and it's almost like they never happened to some people.

Reading is fundamental. I said he was solid in the first two games.

And, he actually went 3-1, so, yes. His play was fine.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Reading is fundamental. I said he was solid in the first two games.

And, he actually went 3-1, so, yes. His play was fine.
Going 3-1 or winning does not mean he played well. He had 5TD 7INT with a 79.4 rating. If that's not serious regression, I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Plankton

Reaction score
Going 3-1 or winning does not mean he played well. He had 5TD 7INT with a 79.4 rating. If that's not serious regression, I'm not sure what you're looking for.

He had a 27 QB rating against Carolina - it skews the numbers significantly. The record is what matters, not his QB rating.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He had a 27 QB rating against Carolina - it skews the numbers significantly. The record is what matters, not his QB rating.
Are we talking about how Tony or the team played? Last I checked, we were discussing Tony's play which was mediocre to poor last season when he played. Period. You can try and spin it any way you want, but he was not good last season when he played, which in and of itself, is a regression from his usual great play.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

I didn't see that. I saw a guy trying to play through injury and getting it done until he took the kill shot, then tried to come back to soon.

I don't think he forgot how to play or his physical skills deteriorated over the off-season.

Plankton

Reaction score
Are we talking about how Tony or the team played? Last I checked, we were discussing Tony's play which was mediocre to poor last season when he played. Period. You can try and spin it any way you want, but he was not good last season when he played, which in and of itself, is a regression from his usual great play.

I'm speaking of his play and the results. He was poor in one game. They lost that game. He was rusty against the Dolphins, but made plays when he had to, and they won. Against the Eagles, he played solid ball, and left the game in the third quarter with the lead. Against the Giants, he threw two interceptions that were not his fault, and led them on a game winning touchdown drive with less than two minutes left, and missing his best WR.

Was he at his best across the board? No. Was he still effective? With the exception of one game, yes. Did the team suffer as a result? Considering that they went 3-1 in those games, no.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I vote to keep Dak the starter this week............I am assuming the question is asking about games on a week to week basis and not for the rest of the season.

I do not name a starter for the remainder of the season, even if Romo is totally healthy. That way both QBs know that the job is not theirs regardless of performance. If Dak keeps winning, he keeps starting. If Dak starts losing, then he takes a seat next to the water bucket. Same for Romo, if he goes into the game and starts throwing pics all over the field because he is rusty, he takes a seat and watches the rookie play.

There is no favoritism here, you earn the right to start by your play on the field.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Went for Romo. Dak is the man and the future but I have fought or him for a decade against rival fans and even Cowboys fans. one more shot and close the book on the Romo era.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
America's team has spoken. Dak is in. Lol election fever

artpena2323

Reaction score
I love the cowboys. I'm so happy for the season we are having. I just don't see how you anoint Dak our savior after 8 games. How many rookies have won a super bowl? Zero. Voted Romo. Dak is our future.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tony, just go!
Your time is up. Thanks for all and enjoy your 50 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.