Twitter: Weird Emmitt Smith fact

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
giphy.gif
I liked how wide she opened her mouth in that video.
:thumbup:But no one can beat Julia Roberts in pretty women when that neckless box was closed on her hand.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
My favorite player of all time.The engine that made the Cowboys go w/ a little help from Oline.I look at what he was able to do w/ 25 carries a game + the 50 to 60 catches per year and would never come off the field.The toughness and endurance was 2nd to none.His rushing record will never be broken.Nowadays, there’s usually 2 backs sharing the load as there aren’t too many every down backs left.They just don’t make em’ like Emmitt anymore.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Mind blown!!! The other coincidence is Emmitt ran for 937 yards his first season and also in his last season. That's gotta be a hard statistic to hit on the nose.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I was there, and that crowd was on their feet the moment Dallas got the ball back. We knew it was coming, and the stadium was buzzing. When he finally broke it, there was a whole different decibel level for a solid 15 minutes.

Then we lost. Lol

It was still rare air and awesome to see. I didn't stick around after the game to celebrate it though, because WE LOST. lol
I was there too and you are right . It was awesome until we lost and then just sort of semisweet.

JPostSam

Reaction score
I was there. No one expected him to break the record that day. I’ll hold that memory forever.

um... *everyone* expected him to break the record that day. that's why moose was on the field and it was a national broadcast. they had prepared for him to break it as early as a week or two prior.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
um... *everyone* expected him to break the record that day. that's why moose was on the field and it was a national broadcast. they had prepared for him to break it as early as a week or two prior.

It was the last home game he could possibly break the record before two road games the next two weeks. He needed over 100 that day to break it and he wasn’t having a great year. Everyone WANTED him to break it so he could do it at Texas Stadium, but no one expected it.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I've known this for a while, but my mind was blown when I found out. Here's another little-known fact: Emmitt gained positive yardage against every team in the NFL except for the Cowboys. He had 6 carries for -1 yard before Roy Williams knocked him out of that game.