Twitter: Weird Emmitt Smith fact

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
computing-confused.gif

Thomas82

Reaction score
Today is the 20-year anniversary of Emmitt breaking the record. I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when it happened. At the time, I was 22, almost 23 and working as a server at Red Lobster. The game wasn't shown in my area that day, and I was at work. In between waiting my tables I kept checking the TV for updates, and then right as the after-church crowd started dwindling and I got a little break, the bartender called me over to the bar to tell me Emmitt had broken the record, and then a couple minutes later, I saw a clip of the record-breaking run.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Crazy how stuff works out like that sometimes. Remember being like 8 years old watching that record breaking run in my living room. Great memory.

Pursuit of that record was really all the team had going during that dark era of Cowboys football. The best memory from that game was watching Emmitt share the moment on the sidelines with his family, Irvin and Moose.

817Gill

Reaction score
Pursuit of that record was really all the team had going during that dark era of Cowboys football. The best memory from that game was watching Emmitt share the moment on the sidelines with his family, Irvin and Moose.
Yup, if I didn’t grow up in Arlington I would’ve been a fan of whatever home town team I was with. The national attraction to the team was low at that time