Weird things you've pondered

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
How can a SLIM CHANCE and a FAT CHANCE be the same, while a WISE MAN and a WISE GUY are opposites?! o_O

Why I don't really care for my reflection? Many studies have shown that unattractive faces are not symmertrical to the population. My face is very symmertrical....I think I just must not be my type.:laugh::laugh::laugh::angry::lmao2:
LOL. You need to stop hanging with Irving!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was young, I asked several of my teachers over the years, "When Daylight Savings Time ends in the fall and we move our clocks back one hour at 2:00am, why do we not do it again an hour later when it is 2:00am again?"

Of course they would say, "you only do it once" and I would respond with, "But if time is reset back one hour, then you have not actually set it back yet when it reaches 2:00am."

My physics teacher agreed with me at least :D

In programming terms, we call that an "infinite loop" ...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I was young, I asked several of my teachers over the years, "When Daylight Savings Time ends in the fall and we move our clocks back one hour at 2:00am, why do we not do it again an hour later when it is 2:00am again?"

Of course they would say, "you only do it once" and I would respond with, "But if time is reset back one hour, then you have not actually set it back yet when it reaches 2:00am."

My physics teacher agreed with me at least :D

In programming terms, we call that an "infinite loop" ...
When I was young, I asked my father, "Where's Mommy?"

He responded, "Shut up and keep digging."

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3ru30w.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here’s a few things I’ve pondered.

And I don’t want to start a religious debate so this is strictly from a scientific perspective. We all have our own beliefs with religion and that’s fine.

If the Big Bang theory is true. Where did the giant ball of matter come from?

if the universe is constantly expanding, what is it expanding into?

What about time. How can there be a beginning of time? I mean. No matter what you believe for how the universe formed. How can there ever really be a set beginning? Same goes for an end of time as well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who was the first person to look at undigested cherries in civet poop and think, "I bet that would be great in coffee!"?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Why is it "Tooth paste" not mouth of teeth paste? I have never gone to the trouble of brushing one tooth.

For the same reason "car wax" isn't called "cars wax"? You can polish one car and one tooth or a lot of cars and a lot of teeth. The product doesn't force you to only polish all cars and not just one!

I've always wondered if palindrome words / sentences etc were created intentionally or accidentally? Like say, the word "racecar". o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For the same reason "car wax" isn't called "cars wax"? You can polish one car and one tooth or a lot of cars and a lot of teeth. The product doesn't force you to only polish all cars and not just one!

I've always wondered if palindrome words / sentences etc were created intentionally or accidentally? Like say, the word "racecar". o_O
I find it very hard to believe that "Able was I, ere I saw Elba" was stumbled upon accidentally.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

The word "swims" upside down is still "swims".