Well regarded horror films that you thought were meh

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Never cared for the Friday the 13th movies or the Nightmare onElm street movies.
I was a kid when most of these came out and I was just excited for the nude scenes.

That series on Netflix called "The movies that made us" did one on Friday the 13th that was pretty funny. They admitted that they were basically ripping off Halloween because it had made money. One of the women who did a nude scene said she finally agreed to it because she didn't think anyone would watch it. The most interesting part was the special effects guys describing how they did the kill scenes.

timb2

Reaction score
Vacancy freaked me some. Once maybe in ur lifetime you had to choose the dive hotel because all the good ones on vacation were booked.

Scream did little for me. Meh movie for me.

Mannix

Reaction score
If it was meant to be scary....which I assume it was...The Birds to me was the worst Hitchcock movie ever made. In fact, I laughed my butt off in the scene where the little girl is on the ground kicking her feet whilst the birds are pecking at the back of her head.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Any “supernatural” type horror film, not even remotely scary to me…..

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Also add the Shining, Jack Nicholson with an axe wouldn’t worry me, then again I’m not a little kid or Olive Oyl…..

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When it first came out it people were saying it was genuine footage from a camera found in the woods. That made it seem much better than it was.
You are not lying. Went with a group of friends the week it opened. None of us spoke a word when we left. Dang we were dumb :D:D

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Loved The Ring - hated the sequels and the others that used the same type of Japanese style horror.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a fan of horror movies. I find most of them silly and unbelievable. That said, movies with inbred cannibals usually freak me out, even if they're not particularly well done. I watched Wrong Turn by myself one night, and I can say unabashedly that no movie has ever given me the willies like that one did.
That and the X Files with the inbreds creeped me totally out. There is a house very similar to that on going north on I-35 into OK and every time I passed it, I would speed up just a little bit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that is a fact about horror movies. People that open cellar doors never saw a horror movie.

And the under the bed thing. Men do not clean under the bed so is there any good reason to look there?

And what parent in their right mind would trust a babysitter? They're Monster Chow.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That and the X Files with the inbreds creeped me totally out. There is a house very similar to that on going north on I-35 into OK and every time I passed it, I would speed up just a little bit.
I remember the episode, but I don't remember if the men had the mother/sister/etc locked up or something. Do I remember something about someone being kept in a drawer? IDK, that was a long time ago, and it gave me the willies, so I may have blocked it out. Lol