Well this is awkward

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
You must not even watch the game.

You named two bad passes. His accuracy was on point all game.

People like you are the reason why people like me can’t even stand to read this board anymore. The guy had his best game since the Chiefs last season..the team won but look at you.

“Let me get on the message board of my favorite team and pick them apart”

It must be awesome to be you. I’ll just enjoy a win..and hope this is a sign of things to come.

You hope last second wins against bad teams is a sign of things to come? I would rather see domination of bad teams. A last second win against a team like the Patriots, eagles, or Falcons? Good. A last second win against a 1-2 team that's looking at a 4-12 season at best? Not so good.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I’m supposed to think he’s not an NFL quality QB and all that, but there Dak went going out and leading a comeback win in the final seconds with some great throws.

Now personally I’ll get over it and enjoy the win, but my prayers are with those among us who are FUMING right now because they can’t hit “submit” on those prepared “Dak sucks” threads.

My thoughts are with you, stay strong
I am happy to see they won! It was close, but Dak and Elliot in particular came through.
It shows that the coaching staff can game plan something besides, Safely Cautious. Would like to see more of the same in the upcoming games, that's the trick.
Dak has shown he can succeed if given the proper support and game plan.

robjay04

Reaction score
You hope last second wins against bad teams is a sign of things to come? I would rather see domination of bad teams. A last second win against a team like the Patriots, eagles, or Falcons? Good. A last second win against a 1-2 team that's looking at a 4-12 season at best? Not so good.

The bad team roasted the Patriots last week.

Lions are pretty similar to where we are. Borderline playoff caliber team that is hoping to get on a streak so they can stack some wins.

What’s ironic is that Dak has zero to do with it being a close game but somehow you feel the need to get on here and emphasize the bad and criticize the good.

Myself, I am not going to take one game and excuse his season. He needs to play like this more often. I will however admit he has a very good day and hope this continues.

robjay04

Reaction score

Meanwhile the Eagles are hoping to survive OT against an actual “bad team”.

Games are usually close in the NFL. That’s how it’s designed.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
The bad team roasted the Patriots last week.

Lions are pretty similar to where we are. Borderline playoff caliber team that is hoping to get on a streak so they can stack some wins.

What’s ironic is that Dak has zero to do with it being a close game but somehow you feel the need to get on here and emphasize the bad and criticize the good.

Myself, I am not going to take one game and excuse his season. He needs to play like this more often. I will however admit he has a very good day and hope this continues.

If he can show consistently that he can have similar games to this, as long as Zeke is on the field we might be okay. I mean hell, Trent Dilfer won a super bowl. I'm sure Dak is on the same level as Dilfer, and so all he needs to be able to do is drive the bus and let Zeke and the defense handle business

catiii

Reaction score
The frustrating thing about the Cowboys is the inconsistency. It would be nice to see this sort of performance regularly but that's probably not going to happen.

We'll see.
They don't call em the cardiac cowboys for nothing........:laugh: his 1 win against a 1-2 team will make Jones thinks he's got a Superbowl contender of a team and sign Dak to 20 years.
It's all entertainment...I no longer give a hoot who wins. When we watch which is RARE nowadays, we eat pizza drink beer and visit - the game is usually background. Done with the NFL for multiple reasons several of whic I can't mention on this website. One word: Fishing. :)
Spend the last 25 years of my life watching this crap after Jimmy left. I'm done with adjusting my schedule to fit it in and cancelling activities so as not to miss it. No longer.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
4 games. Two we've opened it up we've won. 2 we've been conservative and not creative we've lost.

Plus, 2 were road home openers facing a top defense, they've won. Two home games, one a home opener, we won. Don't discount those factors.

This week's game will be a good test. It's not Houston's home opener, but their defense played very well last week and play Dallas very tough every time. It took a highlight reel catch by T Will and OT to beat them in Arlington last time they played.

JustChip

Reaction score
You named two bad passes. His accuracy was on point all game.

That's the crazy thing on here. And, as you say, every QB misses some. Kirk Cousins overthrew his WR by 5 yards in the Vikings game resulting in a pick that would've lost the game, but was bailed out by the roughing call. Sourpuss Eli throws a terrible ball in the Super Bowl that Samuel drops for the INT which would've sealed the loss, but gets another chance and goes on the finish the drive for the win. Was anybody talking saying "yeah, but he threw that terrible pass"?

The pass to Zeke was absolutely perfect - Zeke had a step on the LB, but if that pass is any shorter, the LB probably knocks it down. But rather than talk about that or the Austin pass that he dropped that was nearly as perfect, too many discount those and harp on the others. To my knowledge, there's never been a QB that had a 100% completion rate in a game with 20 or more attempts.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I know I’m supposed to think he’s not an NFL quality QB and all that, but there Dak went going out and leading a comeback win in the final seconds with some great throws.

Now personally I’ll get over it and enjoy the win, but my prayers are with those among us who are FUMING right now because they can’t hit “submit” on those prepared “Dak sucks” threads.

Im glad your prayers are with them LOL cause I hope they eat spit and die . They have ruined this forum for real Cowboy fans to the point you cant even enjoy the progress made or the win .

Fans of there own predictions, disgrace to Cowboy nation , every other post is some whack job with a Romo avatar or Romo in there sig pleading for us to PUMP THE BRAKES . Pump your own Brakes and coast on over to the Eagles forum that's where they belong .

Amazing what can happen when people do there jobs and Dak has a little help rather than having to over come his own mistakes and the rest of the offenses to

Carl23

Reaction score

Wouldn't need a comeback if he didn't suck so much earlier. With the running game working the way it was, it should have been a field day for Dak. Instead, his number were mediocre, at best. We would have won that game by 20 had Romo been behind center.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

:lmao2:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Finally! Someone else gets it. Dak was awesome in his rookie season because he had Romo and Sanchez on the sidelines. Now he has Moore whose making Dak less. :angry:

It’s laughable that this organization gave a talented young QB a QB coach with no experience, 30 years old and threw all of 100 NFL passes himself. Better still they let the worst OC in the league hand pick that coach. Dak friendly my arse. The stupidity is astounding.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It’s laughable that this organization gave a talented young QB a QB coach with no experience, 30 years old and threw all of 100 NFL passes himself. Better still they let the worst OC in the league hand pick that coach. Dak friendly my arse. The stupidity is astounding.
:thumbup: