Welp, can't win them all

SlingBoy

Reaction score
Nah this is much more than "oh well you can't win them all". The shocking lack of preparation and fire with this team is just a symptom that has been plaguing this organization for decades. No reason for a group of "professionals" to put forth an effort like this. Looking like another one and done playoff team. No way this team can beat a quality opponent on the road in the playoffs.

RS12

Reaction score

Welp, can't win them all​

Nope but you at least need to be competitive. They werent.

Sydla

Reaction score
We don't know what's going to happen.

Relax, enjoy the ride.
Ehhh, history tells us we kind of do have a decent idea what's going to happen.

This team is going to have to go on the road in Rd 2 and as we have seen, we are pretty shoddy on the road against any team with a pulse.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm not shocked the Cowboys lost this game, but how they lost it is concerning. Got pushed around on both sides of the ball. I've seen a few like that in recent years.
Yeah, I’m not as concerned about the loss as much as I’m concerned about getting punked on both sides of the ball. They just bullied us. Also concerned about the undisciplined play and 3 personal fouls contributed to 3 TDs. Elite teams don’t do that. I’m not giving up but a little concerned.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
..Dallas won 5 in row. Eventually steam runs out on teams.
Regroup and ready for MIA.
Credit to Buff, they were playing for playoff spot.
Everything went wrong for Dallas tonight.
No shame in losing. But to lose like THAT is discouraging. Any hope you may have of this team may be different then years past? Gets thrown out the window when you see that type of defeat.

I'm still high on this team and honestly I don't think Bills are even that good. I think we've faced better teams and beaten better teams this year. But its alarming they got hit like that and just folded.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I kind of expected this. The Bills needed this game BAD. The Cowboys know they are basically locked into their spot.

The problems on offense look fixable. I am worried about the run defense going forward, but sometimes teams are just better on any given Sunday. Today the Bills were.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not as concerned about the loss as much as I’m concerned about getting punked on both sides of the ball. They just bullied us. Also concerned about the undisciplined play and 3 personal fouls contributed to 3 TDs. Elite teams don’t do that. I’m not giving up but a little concerned.
I'm fine with the Lawrence penalty. I think that was ridiculous honestly to call that. Sam Williams...its just that aggression on special teams I get why you are to spark your team but my goodness its hard to swallow a penalty when you are getting the ball back.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No shame in losing. But to lose like THAT is discouraging. Any hope you may have of this team may be different then years past? Gets thrown out the window when you see that type of defeat.

I'm still high on this team and honestly I don't think Bills are even that good. I think we've faced better teams and beaten better teams this year. But its alarming they got hit like that and just folded.
Maybe it's best it happens now. The last time this happened (San Fran) the Cowboys got on a roll.

If they came into this game thinking they could win on cruise control this was a good wakeup call before the playoffs.

Praxit

Reaction score

.. I hear ya, it is discouraging lost. But its not like they went into dry field, the elements were a mess for both defense and offense.

The defense couldn't get in correct angle positions, from not having traction to spurn from.

Buffalo did well, its their home element.

But I understand, they have to play better on road, regardless. Its another learning lesson for the team.

Good thing it occurred now, and can realize. They might have to play couple of road playoff games.

Praxit

Reaction score
Maybe it's best it happens now. The last time this happened (San Fran) the Cowboys got on a roll.

If they came into this game thinking they could win on cruise control this was a good wakeup call before the playoffs.
..yep.. this game is another friendly reminder. What playoffs hold on the road.

Wake up it is, or another year on sofa. Watching others play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
.. I hear ya, it is discouraging lost. But its not like they went into dry field, the elements were a mess for both defense and offense.

The defense couldn't get in correct angle positions, from not having traction to spurn from.

Buffalo did well, its their home element.

But I understand, they have to play better on road, regardless. Its another learning lesson for the team.

Good thing it occurred now, and can realize. They might have to play couple of road playoff games.
No lies told. No reason to jump off the team. I know many will post they are or be doom and gloom. I just think it was a fluke loss. Now if it happens twice in a row? I'd be concerned. But now the next test is to see how they respond. Because Dolphins are better than the Bills to me.

Praxit

Reaction score
True but it is not necessary to lose in a fashion that reflects a total lack of competitive spirit either.
....yep, as the saying goes. "Sometimes it pours". The team figured probably around 3rd qtr.

The game plan wasn't going to work. That;s on the coaches.

#4 was bouncing outside. Nobody was out there, most of the time. Just bad coaching.

erod

Reaction score
..Dallas won 5 in row. Eventually steam runs out on teams.
Regroup and ready for MIA.
Credit to Buff, they were playing for playoff spot.
Everything went wrong for Dallas tonight.
Buffalo hasn't lost a game this year by more than 7 points. Very unlucky.

When we lose, we usually get demolished beyond recognition.

That doesn't happen to legit contenders.

Praxit

Reaction score
No lies told. No reason to jump off the team. I know many will post they are or be doom and gloom. I just think it was a fluke loss. Now if it happens twice in a row? I'd be concerned. But now the next test is to see how they respond. Because Dolphins are better than the Bills to me.
yep, we haven't lost 2 row this year. So thats good Omen.

But losing to MIA,could prove for bad situations coming forth.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....yep, as the saying goes. "Sometimes it pours". The team figured probably around 3rd qtr.

The game plan wasn't going to work. That;s on the coaches.

#4 was bouncing outside. Nobody was out there, most of the time. Just bad coaching.
...and player effort.

NeverBeGameOver

Reaction score
Even more so than the road discrepancy, this team's problem always goes back to the penalties. The most common theme in Dallas' losses is getting buried by untimely penalties that they can't dig themselves out of.

The Bills first 21 points all came off of really soft calls.

Praxit

Reaction score
Buffalo hasn't lost a game this year by more than 7 points. Very unlucky.

When we lose, we usually get demolished beyond recognition.

That doesn't happen to legit contenders.
..it is concerning. At same time strange.

But, unlucky has cost them significant losses.

I'd rather play the hand, that wins frequently.

Then leave it to chance, of being unlucky again.