Wentz contract put Cowboys in precarious situation

Birdgang

Reaction score
Who made that claim/statement that the Boy's are $20 million over ? They're almost $50 million UNDER as of this very moment.........And this extension severely limits where Philthy goes from here...............

your confusing me now .... I thought you were talking about the Eagles. Because I never said cowboys are 20 Million over. But now that you bring it up, 50 million is nice and all but goes fast when top dawgs need to be fed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jerry won those? Yes I am well aware of Eagles history ... You realise the 90s are long gone and we are in what's called the turn of the Century. So the Cowboys Championships are lumped into the 20th century same as the Eagles 4 " yes 4 if you count Yellow Jackets who became Eagles." also pre Cap era .I hate going off topic when this is about contracts so I will keep it short. Eagles 2 years after huge shakeup seem to have steered things in right direction doing well with Cap management. The last 18 seasons since turn of the century playoffs 11 of 18 seasons with 2 SBs and 6 NFCCG. Cowboys, 3 wins in 23 years not getting past Divisional round.

Absolutely, why else would I have said that I do not trust our front office. At some point, you have to realize that just because you are an Eagles fan, doesn't mean you are smarter then everybody, or anybody for that matter. The NFL is marked by the merger so don't try and make yourself feel better by turn of the century crap. The Eagles Championships don't count from 48, 49 and 60. I don't care how much you want them to, you aren't on an Eagles board so you are just gonna have to live with reality here and not that crap you guys feed yourselves there apparently.

I mean, if you wish to believe in that Front Office, that's fine with me. Clearly, I will not feel bad if things go south for the Eagles. However, this is risky because while I do believe that Wentz is a more gifted passer, he has also shown to be vulnerable and you never know if he lasts. There is a risk there.

JMO

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
"Carson Wentz plays well in spite of the team around him failing. Let's also ignore the significant amount of injuries Eagles had in 2018 LOL HAHA WENTZ SUCKS! GO COWBOYS! HAHAHA"
Man, you eagles fans get sensitive.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with this statement but if you believe this, then how does anybody justify 30 mil a year? I mean, the point is winning and not in the regular season but in Championships. That's really what the game is about in the NFL.

True and Wentz has won nothing, he has played in 0 playoff games, the SB by the eagles he did not play. Right now he is 0-0 in post season. Dak has faired well vs the eagles. I think justifying the big contract for a QB who has constantly been injured is a bit foolish. Wentz had 2 years remaining on his deal and there have been talk coming out of the Philly locker room that players question his leadership. Personally I don't care what Philly does, he if fails Foles will not be there to bail is butt out. I know we have many here who had a man crush on him leading up to draft but frankly Wentz has not done jack, potential sure but that is a lot of cash for a guy who has not proven a damn thing

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s a solid deal both ways. Wentz does has the injury concerns. Which are the biggest concern. But the eagles have to extend him and hope he stays healthy. It’s the smartest move.

Just like the cowboys keeping Dak and hoping he can continue to develop is the smartest move, despite what some may think.

Birdgang

Reaction score
It’s a solid deal both ways. Wentz does has the injury concerns. Which are the biggest concern. But the eagles have to extend him and hope he stays healthy. It’s the smartest move.

Just like the cowboys keeping Dak and hoping he can continue to develop is the smartest move, despite what some may think.

It made sense for sure. I know Dallas wanted to get Dak done before the prices went up even more. Right now is the time to get him and not be stupid like Redksins " who double downed" and had that mess with "Kurt Coupons"

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
What ive read is it does not this season. Im only going off by what i read and its a lot ... hard to figure out who knows the truth.

come to think of it the details of the contract have not been posted

Sydla

Reaction score
Fact is: You can find the win/lost record of a QB on line. But you'll never find the win/lost record of a defensive back on line.

JUST STATING FACTS. a win/lost record is attached to every QB in the sport.

It's not a great stat to judge a QB by, which is his point. I mean, Prescott gets credit for a "win" against Oakland in 2017 and yet he played horridly, I mean like bottom of the NFL backup type QBing in that game. In what world should we judge that performance as strong because he was lucky enough to log a win that day?

Further, Prescott fans only like to use wins when it suits their purpose. For example, they love citing wins and losses now and attribute that to him, but in 2017, they didn't want to apply win/loss records to him then............. instead it was "well he doesn't have Zeke, and his WRs aren't good and his OL was poor, blah, blah, blah................"

Birdgang

Reaction score
come to think of it the details of the contract have not been posted

I hate when they do that too.... People go insane to the point its not even funny but disturbing. I wont even bother going on Eagles board until they do.

Sydla

Reaction score
One of NFL Network's reporters said he heard the Cowboys and Dak are far apart on the contract. Who will blink first?

Something tells me the Cowboys think Dak isn't worth the money some fans here think he's worth.

HungryLion

Reaction score
One of NFL Network's reporters said he heard the Cowboys and Dak are far apart on the contract. Who will blink first?

Something tells me the Cowboys think Dak isn't worth the money some fans here think he's worth.

We heard the same stuff about D Law. He got signed.

The “they’re far apart on a deal” is just part of negotiating. No way to know for sure until the deal is done.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's not a great stat to judge a QB by, which is his point. I mean, Prescott gets credit for a "win" against Oakland in 2017 and yet he played horridly, I mean like bottom of the NFL backup type QBing in that game. In what world should we judge that performance as strong because he was lucky enough to log a win that day?

Further, Prescott fans only like to use wins when it suits their purpose. For example, they love citing wins and losses now and attribute that to him, but in 2017, they didn't want to apply win/loss records to him then............. instead it was "well he doesn't have Zeke, and his WRs aren't good and his OL was poor, blah, blah, blah................"

With the logic this board has now, Eli Manning should be a lock first ballot HOF. I mean, winning is all that matters and Manning has 2 Super Bowl rings.

But I suspect they have different standards for what they consider successful for our divisional rivals.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

He played good vs GB in the post season, Rodgers pulls the comeback and Dak was hit with blame by many. I have seen days where many QB will have poor outing and yet muster enough late in the game to put their team in a position to win and Dak has done that as well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
True and Wentz has won nothing, he has played in 0 playoff games, the SB by the eagles he did not play. Right now he is 0-0 in post season. Dak has faired well vs the eagles. I think justifying the big contract for a QB who has constantly been injured is a bit foolish. Wentz had 2 years remaining on his deal and there have been talk coming out of the Philly locker room that players question his leadership. Personally I don't care what Philly does, he if fails Foles will not be there to bail is butt out. I know we have many here who had a man crush on him leading up to draft but frankly Wentz has not done jack, potential sure but that is a lot of cash for a guy who has not proven a damn thing

Which is exactly why this is a good deal. End of day, this is a 25 Mil deal, for 6 years, per season and that's more then fair in my opinion.