Wentz gets Prescott's former QB coach

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That didn't make sense to me when Aikman said it and it still doesn't make sense to me. Pitchers work on "control", aka accuracy, all the time.

Arm angle, footwork, release point - all of those things factor into accuracy, whether throwing a baseball or a football. They most certainly can be improved through instruction and repetition.

Aikman obviously could play, but it sounds like he's a better analyst than he'd be a coach.

I agree. I would say in the case of Josh Allen and Romo mentioned it, is this year he has been more willing to hit the shorter routs. Clearly shorter throws are higher percentage than the deep balls.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree. I would say in the case of Josh Allen and Romo mentioned it, is this year he has been more willing to hit the shorter routs. Clearly shorter throws are higher percentage than the deep balls.
until the afccg he choked ie reverted back to old allen.. we see this with qbs who fixed their issues have old habits rise to top in pressure games..weve seen it with dak as well..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
until the afccg he choked ie reverted back to old allen.. we see this with qbs who fixed their issues have old habits rise to top in pressure games..weve seen it with dak as well..

I would not put the entire game on Allen, KC was the better overall team and gave Allen little time, he was sacked 4 times and hurried quite a bit in the game.

JustChip

Reaction score
That didn't make sense to me when Aikman said it and it still doesn't make sense to me. Pitchers work on "control", aka accuracy, all the time.

Arm angle, footwork, release point - all of those things factor into accuracy, whether throwing a baseball or a football. They most certainly can be improved through instruction and repetition.

Aikman obviously could play, but it sounds like he's a better analyst than he'd be a coach.
I think there is some measure of truth in what Aikman said. And, yes, as you point out, poor mechanics can be improved through training and practice and that will improve accuracy. However, innate hand-eye coordination, the ability to see a receiver’s movement and speed, process that, and then project where the ball needs be based on how far the throw is, and then determine how hard to throw it, is largely a gift.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

this is a reach by eagles, he only coached dak in college, and dak himself coached himself.
Now Dak was a qb who came into nfl ready to play, so maybe this guy helped Dak to be at that level.

Dak was maybe a better qb in 2016, he was a bus driver, and it worked, but then cowboys wanted to make him something he wasnt.
And from there he went downhill.
I guess the eagles will try to salvage their 1st rd pick before giving up on him lol.

JayFord

Reaction score
All credit to Brian Johnson but if you ask me Dak turned the corner with Jon Kitna who i wish was still here

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
lmao...what up Cowboy fans? I just came from the studio, and I read this whole thread and thought I should have hit me a bowl before I read this because both those QB's are bums. Hey, let's call a spade a shovel. You citizens are so cool...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would not put the entire game on Allen, KC was the better overall team and gave Allen little time, he was sacked 4 times and hurried quite a bit in the game.
he was at 50% passing at one point looked shocked was very much old Allen..seriously dump down was there wouldn't take it looked liek he wanted the big play and that got im sacked and hurried ie wouldn't get rid of ball fast etc..sorry man i watched it allen was old allen for gam..it happens look what happened to wentz, trubiski and at ne point dak was falling back into old habits..

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Nah.. every QB looks bad when under relentless pressure. Two future Hall of Famers turned it over like a coupla rookies when they were getting pressured this past weekend. In fact it was how Dak played during those amazing comebacks that convinced me that he's different. Despite all the noise that teams were "playing soft" the pass rushers were pinning their ears back and coming after him with a vengeance and it was how Dak performed in that pressure that sold me on him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah.. every QB looks bad when under relentless pressure. Two future Hall of Famers turned it over like a coupla rookies when they were getting pressured this past weekend. In fact it was how Dak played during those amazing comebacks that convinced me that he's different. Despite all the noise that teams were "playing soft" the pass rushers were pinning their ears back and coming after him with a vengeance and it was how Dak performed in that pressure that sold me on him.

sorry he regressed that game seriously dont be blind i watched the game they even talked about his unwillingness to dump it down and blamed the coach for not talking to him early in the game about it..he choked plain and simple no excuse for 50% passing in afccg when his counterpart came in with bad foot, concussion, got down 9 points and dodged pressure all day with finesse..got it down like a true mvp shpuld be..all that media hype saying Allen turned the corner and diggs maybe the best wr on the field for that game ..pre game you didnt see SM blowing up about that..game over and somehow we have cry baby team starting fights, QB throwing ball into the face of defender..spilt mlik my friend..

we all saw it no excuses..