Wentz - out for year? **merged**

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
One of the NFL Network analysts looked as his throwing motion and concluded he's compensating for his knee and it led to torque issues that has hurt his back.

This guy could end up being your classic high ceiling guy that just never gets over getting injured.

Sam Bradford 2.0?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's a business decision. Why take a risk at the guy getting hurt for such a slim chance at post season play. Let him start getting healthy for next season.

JustChip

Reaction score
I watch a lot of Philly games and Wentz has not been right all year. He moves around much worse than prior to the injury. I put that on his knee not being right but maybe he has other issues as well.

It's pretty likely Wentz would've stayed on the shelf longer had Foles been playing well early in the year. Foles was struggling and that probably put pressure on Philly to bring him back a little too early. Kind of like us with Romo in 2015.

Carson

Reaction score
If the Eagles lose a game, we win the east regardless of what we do correct?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Maybe he's shell-shocked from last year. It was the Rams they played when he tore up his ACL, just couldn't face them again?

usa-carson-wentz-eagles-rams.jpg

pancakeman

Reaction score
Thread title should say “out for the year” so it can’t be misunderstood as “out for a year” which is quite different.

Sydla

Reaction score
I will say this though.

It would be utterly delicious if they shut Wentz down, Foles immediately beats the Rams and Texans. Philly sports radio would be off the charts entertainment with the bickering over Wentz versus Foles.