Wentz - out for year? **merged**

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted but it doesn't look good for Wentz.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...1213-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Given that this fracture was not detected with early scans, I fear a stress fracture could be the case here.

That is the only thing I can think of that explains the circumstances as we know them.

A stress fracture is difficult to detect, possible to play through and often shows up late on scans.

If this is the case, the worry is for the long term, and the Eagles will be strongly considering shutting him down.

I hope it is not a stress fracture. The most common is sponylolysis (stress fracture to the pars, part of the ring of the spinal canal). Healing for sponylolsis is sometimes tricky and slow.

For the record, there is no direct relationship between the ACL/LCL injuries Wentz suffered last season and the back fracture. But one could postulate an indirect link.

We have said all along that Wentz would not be 100 percent until late this season or even 2019. The injury could that have thrown off his throwing mechanics to cause extra back stress.

It’s possible, but we can't say for sure until we know what the spine issue actually is.

Let’s hope for minimal vertebral body fracture, as this heals reliably.

If it is a stress fracture, then this won’t be the last of the Wentz injury saga.
Well, this stinks. They knew he wouldn't be 100% healthy until 2019, yet they trotted him out there anyway? That's criminal negligence especially considering the fact that their backup QB is ready to go, healthy and more than capable of winning games as evidenced is last year's SB victory.

I'd demand a trade if I were Carson. No way could I ever play for an organization like that again.

Legendz82

Reaction score
This is horrifying. This could have affected his quality of life after football. What a terrible thing to do to a person let along a football player who plays a violent game for a living.

Foles just won them a SB so it's not like they don't have a capable backup. When their doctors found that fracture they should have shut him down immediately.

All good points. I choose not to believe the rumors until proven otherwise. This would career ending not to mention personal lawsuits for any doctor associated. It is really hard to believe that that would ever be the case. From what I read stress fractures are hard to detect. On the other hand for my eagles what’s better being called blind or stupid. Not a good look