News: Wentz-Pederson relationship fractured beyond repair;

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hurts will be worse than Wentz in the long run. The only thin good about his game is he can run around a little. But we know what does not work long term. His accuracy is below average.
The Cowboys (LOL) showed exactly how to defend Hurts by limiting his running lanes and making him throw.

zack

Reaction score
would not surprise me if the colts trade for him since his former qb and offensive coach is the headcoach. rivers might retire after this season.

im sure that they will get a great deal out of it. Seems like they always do.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Philly already gave him a lot of money in terms of signing bonus. That money is divided over the remaining years of his contract but if he gets cut or traded, it hits the cap all at once. His new team can't take on salary dollars on their cap that they didn't pay.

I believe the specifics are that they gave him a $50m signing bonus in 2019, of which $17m has already hit the cap.

There is a $10m roster bonus for next year that I don't completely understand. Based on what I am reading, it also would go against Philly leaving the total around $43m.
Glad you cap gurus know this stuff. I’m too lazy to figure it out for myself LOL.

cern

Reaction score
The NFL's version of a constructive eviction.

Cydios

Reaction score
Let Dallas pick him up as a backup. Burn the Eagles period.

Verdict

Reaction score
his contract is a problem, but if I were Indy, i'd take a shot at Wentz.

if anyone can fix Wentz, it's probably Frank Reich
Why pay that much for a guy who got benched? That’s top 5 QB money.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I think everyone (players / players union) in the NFL is scared how this could play out.

If a player wants to redo his contract and the team has no qualm with it, not certain why a player can't give any money back. I'm not a contract attorney, but if both parties agree to redo the contract, not certain why that would be illegal.

I could see Wentz writing a check if he is a true competitor and want to see what he's capable of. The reality is Wentz is already a millionaire and has more money than he knows what to do with. Added the fact, that the guy really does seem like a nice grounded guy in real life. I think Wentz wants to play for Reich again, and because Reich is no stranger to the eagles, and if there ever was a situation for a "back room deal" to be made, it's Wentz to Indy.

starcity214

Reaction score
Sure, But that’s one hell of a dead cap hit.

We paid Dak roughly about the same money this season and he only played in 3 games..

I think if they want to move on, they can especially since Hurts is making peanuts and they may get great compensation for wentz in a trade.

John813

Reaction score
Why pay that much for a guy who got benched? That’s top 5 QB money.

While highly unlikely, if the Colts traded for Wentz and didn't redo his contract, his cap hits would be:

2021: 25.4mill
2022: 22 mill
2023:25mill
2022: 26mil.