Twitter: Werder: Cowboys have decided to move on from Aldon Smith

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Smith made it through last year, but he still has mental issues. Good move to sign Basham, play Gregory a lot more, and let Smith go. Anae might get to play some and they may draft another guy like Basham's cousin.
What mental issues?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sounds like something must have happened around the holidays late Nov 2020 that both parties just decided to part ways. Really odd that no one will talk about it. Did Aldon sleep with Jerry ? TOO MUCH NOG? lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Look at the good side, Anae will now for sure get his chance to prove he belongs. The kid will prove it in spades early and often. Much Like Wilson did.Addition by subtraction as they say. If we can fix the linebacker room, and add 2 more pieces to the db room, we have a chance. ALOT has to go right as well with that oline/dline. We need alot of luck.

nobody

Reaction score
Sounds like something must have happened around the holidays late Nov 2020 that both parties just decided to part ways. Really odd that no one will talk about it. Did Aldon sleep with Jerry ? TOO MUCH NOG? lol

Maybe he called Jerry and Stephen incompetent to their faces and blamed the losing culture on them. That would do it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Can I reply with a departure poem...
So my dear friend Mr Smith, I was so excited for your arrival,
and so disappointed in your accelerated departure.
I was hoping you would elevate your game,
but instead you discovered your *** was off the shelf for too long...
Haha.. I know that dont rhyme,,, but you gotta admit,, thats the dang truth.

Proof

Reaction score
Was hoping to have smith back with a full training camp under his belt, got off to a quick start but faded. I think that should have been expected from a guy who had not played in 4 seasons

Yeah. Honestly it’s a bit of a bummer to me. Would’ve loved to see him work out and regain his potential. Hope it’s nothing too serious

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I feel bad for Aldon. I was rooting for him. But I get the Cowboys decision. I hope he finds a home somewhere else where he can make some money for himself and his family.

I don't. They gave him a shot after 5 years of being on the shelf. He's lucky someone kicked the tires. He showed he can still play in the league.