Twitter: Werder says if Dez is tagged, he will skip Offseason Activities.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
SgtSchulz2.jpg~c200

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Dez wears his emotions on his sleeve so there will be shots across the bow throughout however he'll be padding up in Silver and Blue before September. If he holds out until then, he'll be fresh and ready to go for the season since his battery is non stop.
I recall Jerry holding out on Emmitt and that was a mistake not long forgotten I'm sure. Ultimately Jerry will come around because Dez was his pick and is a freak. Right now I'm more interested in our LB corp. (who stays and who goes).

scottsp

Reaction score
You really don't need Werder's tweet to recognize that Dez likely would not be present for offseason activities, up to and including training camp.

I would also bet that it never gets to that, because Dallas tagging Dez is only to buy time before signing him to a mega deal in a few months.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Personally I see nothing wrong with the franchise tag, it keeps him here until they get a long term deal worked out, I believe a deal will get worked out. He needs someone to sit him down and explain that to him the the Organization wants him here, they just may need more time to get other things situated, but he is a lifelong Cowboy. So show that you are for the team take the franchise tag, ball out and then break the bank because they will give it to you, especially after putting the team first .

Dez is my favorite player on this team he has past Romo up with me. Just chill Dez.