Twitter: Werder says if Dez is tagged, he will skip Offseason Activities.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is going to hold out until he gets a contract. I fully expect an agreement to be reached.

black label

Reaction score
dm_110524_nfl_ed_werder.jpg

goodell-liar.jpg

Fredd

Reaction score
I don't disagree that that's what Dez would probably do, but I'm so sick of that creepy little worm and his unsourced rumors.

creepy little worm, I have been trying to pick the perfect description for that chicken-headed, know-it-all, but I think you have captured it

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Personally I see nothing wrong with the franchise tag, it keeps him here until they get a long term deal worked out, I believe a deal will get worked out. He needs someone to sit him down and explain that to him the the Organization wants him here, they just may need more time to get other things situated, but he is a lifelong Cowboy. So show that you are for the team take the franchise tag, ball out and then break the bank because they will give it to you, especially after putting the team first .

Dez is my favorite player on this team he has past Romo up with me. Just chill Dez.

Just chill huh?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would sure as hell blame him and be fine with trading him. When you franchise a guy, you are playing by the rules. The player is on your roster, and you are paying him a great deal of money while continuing to work on a longer term deal. If Dez then skips all offseason workouts, I would have a big problem with that.

Once he signs the franchise, every cent of that 13-15 million is guaranteed money, so why skip offseason work? Makes zero sense to me.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't like it but was other recourse does Dez have if he is unhappy about the Franchise Tag? This team's mindset is in the right place, I wouldn't do anything to mess with that. Get the long-term deal done and avoid this nonsense.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I would sure as hell blame him and be fine with trading him. When you franchise a guy, you are playing by the rules. The player is on your roster, and you are paying him a great deal of money while continuing to work on a longer term deal. If Dez then skips all offseason workouts, I would have a big problem with that.

Once he signs the franchise, every cent of that 13-15 million is guaranteed money, so why skip offseason work? Makes zero sense to me.

The obvious implication being he didn't sign it. Or he voices his displeasure by skipping voluntary workouts.

And if he skips anything mandatory he will be fined.

He is also playing by the rules.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He wants a real contract, not Franchise money. Players do this all the time. Don't vilify Dez Bryant for actions common for franchise players. They don't want to be franchise tagged. They want a contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He wants a real contract, not Franchise money. Players do this all the time. Don't vilify Dez Bryant for actions common for franchise players. They don't want to be franchise tagged. They want a contract.

Franchise money isn't monopoly money. If he gets tagged back to back it will be 28m. That is what he would get on a long term deal and he will still be a Free Agent after 2016.

Fans always talk about the player getting hurt, but what about the team? They have to pay for the injured player and get zero production for it and they have to also pay for the replacement. I think the risks should be shared by the players and the teams.
20m guaranteed is no joke and they could even put in a clause to guarantee future years if Dez is still on the team at a certain date.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I am sure the front office knows how far they can go in regards to pushing Dez's buttons.

I wouldn't want to give him any incentive to not give 100% this season though..

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Franchise money isn't monopoly money. If he gets tagged back to back it will be 28m. That is what he would get on a long term deal and he will still be a Free Agent after 2016.
If he doesn't face some sort of injury in either of those seasons. Also, the second franchise year isn't a guarantee. Add to that THIS is likely his best chance to make his contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If he doesn't face some sort of injury in either of those seasons. Also, the second franchise year isn't a guarantee. Add to that THIS is likely his best chance to make his contract.

So forget the team if he gets hurt as long as he gets 15m more in guaranteed money. There is always some risk, why not split it with the team you supposedly love.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So forget the team if he gets hurt as long as he gets 15m more in guaranteed money. There is always some risk, why not split it with the team you supposedly love.

The franchise route is not what's best for the team. His hit will be crazy high for a second franchise tag season. To come to a deal is what's best for the team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't like message. Discredit messenger.

Homer defense mechanism engaged.

The irony of this post is delicious. Like, gnat-cupcake delicious.

This is an unsourced story by a guy who makes a living sensationalizing. Ho hum. But why bother to defend it? It doesn't matter if the message is right or wrong. Dez is going to play in Dallas at a very high level next season whether he gets an extension or not. And there's a lot of time between now and the end of free agency. It'll get sorted.

Meanwhile, I've got my Dallas Cowboys foam finger ready to show to Ed Werder if he shows up. You wanna see it?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The franchise route is not what's best for the team. His hit will be crazy high for a second franchise tag season. To come to a deal is what's best for the team.

They can't make him sign the deal. They don't want to tag him twice, but they will because he is valuable

That is why a long term deal with 28m guaranteed(2 years tagged) would be fair. That is more than other WR has ever got besides CJ and if he gets hurt at least he is set for life. Then he gives some back on the middle years. Something like 7/88m would be more than good for both sides.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The irony of this post is delicious. Like, gnat-cupcake delicious.

This is an unsourced story by a guy who makes a living sensationalizing. Ho hum. But why bother to defend it? It doesn't matter if the message is right or wrong. Dez is going to play in Dallas at a very high level next season whether he gets an extension or not. And there's a lot of time between now and the end of free agency. It'll get sorted.

Meanwhile, I've got my Dallas Cowboys foam finger ready to show to Ed Werder if he shows up. You wanna see it?

Whether Dez plays in Dallas at a high level next year or not is completely irrelevant to what he reported.

Why do you feel the need to mention this? Do you lack the maturity to handle this "biting criticism" of your beloved Cowboys?