Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OIP.OkMGEafaM7vLdjaGsKYubwHaEK
Now playing at the Dallas Cowboy's Star:facepalm:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think most die hard fans would say Jerry has not handled this this situation very well.
Respect includes treating people the way you would like to be treated. To many on hear do not do that. I’ll admit, I am guilty at times.

My question is why is it handling it bad? Is it because Jones is not doing it on the timetable fans want it done in? Jones owns the team not the fans and it's his timetable not the fans. There's is part of me that wishes Jones had just fired Garrett on Monday but I also know that Jones really likes Garrett and out of respect for him he's just letting his contract expire.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
My question is why is it handling it bad? Is it because Jones is not doing it on the timetable fans want it done in? Jones owns the team not the fans and it's his timetable not the fans. There's is part of me that wishes Jones had just fired Garrett on Monday but I also know that Jones really likes Garrett and out of respect for him he's just letting his contract expire.
A few fans keep mentioning that Jerry is showing respect for Garrett by letting his contract expire and not firing him. How is that showing respect? It’s actually just delaying the obvious. If I was Garrett, I would be kind of embarrassed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Garrett approached Jerry, and said, “ if you don’t want me as your HC, can you just release me from my contract”.

Everyone realizes Jerry no longer wants Garrett as his HC. Jerry does not want Garrett coaching his team because he does not think Garrett can get us to a Super Bowl. If Jerry fires Garrett, or just let’s Garrett’s contract expire, it means the same thing. Jerry no longer wants Garrett coaching his team!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Don't know why people care as long as the coaching search is now underway.

We lost no opportunity at anyone at all.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A few fans keep mentioning that Jerry is showing respect for Garrett by letting his contract expire and not firing him. How is that showing respect? It’s actually just delaying the obvious. If I was Garrett, I would be kind of embarrassed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Garrett approached Jerry, and said, “ if you don’t want me as your HC, can you just release me from my contract”.

Everyone realizes Jerry no longer wants Garrett as his HC. Jerry does not want Garrett coaching his team because he does not think Garrett can get us to a Super Bowl. If Jerry fires Garrett, or just let’s Garrett’s contract expire, it means the same thing. Jerry no longer wants Garrett coaching his team!!!

I know that this is going to be tough for those that don't understand why letting the contract just expire but I'll give it a try anyways. By letting the contract just expire both Jones and Garrett can both say the contract was fulfilled and seen to it's end and both can walk away as friends. I know you don't get it but it is a respect thing.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I know that this is going to be tough for those that don't understand why letting the contract just expire but I'll give it a try anyways. By letting the contract just expire both Jones and Garrett can both say the contract was fulfilled and seen to it's end and both can walk away as friends. I know you don't get it but it is a respect thing.
Respect between the owner and HC is important, but a friendship between the owner and the HC that clouds the owners judgement is a huge problem. I know you don’t get it, but it’s about respect between owner and HC, not friendship!!! Letting Garrett out of his contract early is plenty of respect!!!

NewCoach

Reaction score
If that Jay Glazer report is true, Garrett's been watching too much Seinfeld or something.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Reported at halftime of eagles game that Garrett has been officially been informed he is fired.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They just said at halftime for the Hawks/Eagles game that it is now official that Garrett has been fired.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Werder did indeed got tipped off....................my bet is Stephen.

Like I said in a previous post, ESPN would not have gone full nuclear with this story if Werder didnt source it with one of the Jones first.