Twitter: Werder: Wagner pursuing interest in the No 1 team on his prefered list

kevm3

Reaction score
At most we may take a look at him, but he doesn't have a drug problem or he isn't coming for pennies on the dollar so there's no need to worry about him coming here.

plymkr

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but this isn't sitting right with me......love to have him but something about knowing you only wanna be here if my first few choices don't work out.

Honestly I'm just happy we're in contention for his services. I'm glad we're on the list even if it's not 1st. There's still hope. I think he's professional enough to play hard and want to win if he has to sign with his less preferred team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but this isn't sitting right with me......love to have him but something about knowing you only wanna be here if my first few choices don't work out.

Heard he is from la and wants to play with either the Rams or the Chargers

terra

Reaction score
There are numerous reasons why a player leaves a team.

Usually only a couple why they go to a team: Money or going for a ring.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This will be his last big contact and the last time I heard he was his own agent, let’s see where the chips fall.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There’s no doubt even an aging Wagner would be the best LB on the team not named Parsons, but on this very site, all I hear all the time is that it isn’t about whether the player is our best but the contract.
  • Derek Carr was our best CB, but not worth the contract
  • DLaw is the best DE we’ve had, but not worth the last contract
  • Zeke was maybe best in the NFL and still a good RB when healthy, but not worth the contract
Now I’m hearing it about a modest franchise tag for our starting TE and our high energy pass rusher, Gregory.
So what makes a LB who will be 33, 34, 35 years old the next 3 seasons different?

I’d love to have him as well, but talk is cheap. At this point, what is he worth? Just how high would your offer go? Go on record now with your top offer before we call the Cowboys cheap for not signing him if given the chance.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're going to get Randy "all pro potential" Gregory and you're all going to have to just like it.

We drafted him. We stuck with him through his suspensions. He's our guy. We like our guys.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I was watching Mark Holmes channel and he had a guest on that knows a few staffers at the star and he said he was told that they are trying 2 sneak him in either Tues or weds and DQ is the guy thats meeting him. Thats all I know but this guy is pretty reliable.Im praying its legit.
Is this as good as legit as the Nick Eatman crazy rant?

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Wagner can talk all he wants about going home to LA. The Cowboys have the money to get him, Gregory and Kearse if they want it.
Still have a ton of spots they need to address, those funds will go away real quick: LB, DT, FS, WR, G. The hope is Shultz lowers he cap number and we can use that 10 million after june 1st.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Still have a ton of spots they need to address, those funds will go away real quick: LB, DT, FS, WR, G. The hope is Shultz lowers he cap number and we can use that 10 million after june 1st.
Belt said if the Cowboys can get a long term deal completed with Shultz, the Cowboys will have over 30 million in cap space. The team has money to burn. Time to use it for the defense. Use the draft for the offense.

Grenic

Reaction score
Belt said if the Cowboys can get a long term deal completed with Shultz, the Cowboys will have over 30 million in cap space. The team has money to burn. Time to use it for the defense. Use the draft for the offense.
LOL it's the cowboys, they don't spend money in FA, unless you overpay your own, they do that on the regular

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is this as good as legit as the Nick Eatman crazy rant?
ha ha. Hey, maybe I have lowered my expectations around here. LOL BUT I thought at least Nick spoke the truth. Something that we aren't use to when it comes to this team and those who report for them. I thought it was refreshing to see a guy tell the truth for once. He went off script and said what we were thinking. When was the last time this ownership went all in? Like Nick said, we fans have been loyal for the last 26 years and we deserve better. He did say that and Derek Eagleton seemed offended. Nick left his comfort zone for a minute and I liked it. Like I said, I guess my standards/expectation level has lowered. But hey, it was something at least. I didn't make it up. I liked that he challenged the narrative being discussed and simply asked questions and added some flavor.