Video: We're being spied on

bb721

Reaction score
Bill Belichick strikes again? A guy with a drone is in trouble with the FAA after losing the device on top of ATT Stadium. This is footage he shot with a second drone he had.

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
That should be illegal, what if everyone was flying toy drones all over downtown America, what happens when it damages property, or injures someone, imagine riding that roller coaster and getting hit in the face by a out of control drone, anyway that thing is awesome, and if it's legal I'm getting one!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This guy is a moron. There Grand Prairie Municipal Airport (2-3 miles) directly to the East, Arlington Municipal Airport directly to the south (2-3 miles), and DFW airport directly to the north (15 miles).

a.stovall2

Reaction score
And this is why they will be illegal for us normal people. Getting so close to major populated areas. Sucks because with picture quality and flight control like that I want one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Belichick strikes again? A guy with a drone is in trouble with the FAA after losing the device on top of ATT Stadium. This is footage he shot with a second drone he had.

I hope the drone does not belong to a Philadelphia fan. The last thing the world needs is ESPN reporting that the eagle has landed on Jerry World...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is a moron. There Grand Prairie Municipal Airport (2-3 miles) directly to the East, Arlington Municipal Airport directly to the south (2-3 miles), and DFW airport directly to the north (15 miles).

If any real planes are down that low near buildings something is drastically wrong.

I'm sure he'll get in trouble, but it's a much higher probability that he could hit a building or cars on the highway than a real plane.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Under current laws I don't think he does get in trouble. Maybe a stern warning from the Stadium when they give him his copter back.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
These kind of dummies ruin it for the rest of us nerds who fly our drones sensibly.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That should be illegal, what if everyone was flying toy drones all over downtown America, what happens when it damages property, or injures someone, imagine riding that roller coaster and getting hit in the face by a out of control drone, anyway that thing is awesome, and if it's legal I'm getting one!

It is illegal. Only one company (BP Oil) has been given clearance to operate domestic drones above a certain altitude. Though, 7 movie production companies have applied and will likely be given clearance as well.

dstovall5

Reaction score
If any real planes are down that low near buildings something is drastically wrong.

I'm sure he'll get in trouble, but it's a much higher probability that he could hit a building or cars on the highway than a real plane.

OR maybe even a person. Could you imagine if that clipped a building and plummeted down onto the side walk and hit someone in the head?! I'm not sure how big those are, but I'd be willing to bet it would cause serious harm to someone.

The guy in the video is an idiot, I'm sure he got a Lorenzen sized fine.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Someone should attach those laser things on one and make the most annoying hazard maker ever.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

If you are coming from the North and landing at Arlington, you do have to get low. There is also a hospital within a couple of miles that has a helipad, which carries critical patients to get emergency medical attention.

fyh37AE.png

speedkilz88

Reaction score
From the article posted:

People who fly model aircraft “solely for hobby or recreational reasons” do not require FAA approval but they must follow the agency’s guidelines. Those rules include limiting aircraft to a maximum weight of 55 pounds, in most cases, and also not interfering with manned aircraft. When flying an unmanned aircraft within 5 miles of an airport, the FAA also requires that operators establish a mutually agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and airport traffic control tower prior to flight.

The Arlington Municipal Airport is about 6.5 miles from AT&T Stadium; D/FW Airport is more than 10 miles away.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...r-operator-lose-craft.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
From the article posted:
It is right on the edge of Grand Prairie's airspace.

jjaXddh.png

I added that yellow line. That is the path Bell Helicopter often takes from their Euless facility to Arlington Airport. Helicopters often fly at low altitude. They have to stay under 2000 feet on that path, to avoid DFW's airspace. See all those H's scattered around the area? Not good.

NJ22

Reaction score

That is messed up, but that is also cool as $^$!