Video: We're being spied on

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Wow because of this I looked at a linked video of a woman beating a teen boy who was just using his quadcopter to record beach aerial footage in Connecticut. You should watch that this idiot woman thinks you cannot video record people in public so she takes her hatred out on the kid just for his hobby. Search "Quadcopter Pilot Assaulted at Hammonasset Beach".

Too many people think these are drones and they are "stealing privacy" or whatever nut jobs are paranoid about, they don't even know basic laws.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are coming from the North and landing at Arlington, you do have to get low. There is also a hospital within a couple of miles that has a helipad, which carries critical patients to get emergency medical attention.

fyh37AE.png
Interference with helicopters seems like a problem.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If anyone's ever taken a photo in public, then they probably have no real room to talk about being creeped out by these things. It's a bunch of hobbyists having a little fun, but there will be bad apples, I'm sure.

Just like there are plenty of people that take photos on the street an a small percentage that are trying to shoot up women's skirts, you'll hear about the skirt creeps but not the normal people.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't know how close landing patterns are to their but you are going to be around 500 ft or so when landing a small plane while in the pattern. A drone into a prop or jet engine is nothing I'd like to experience.

Frozen700

Reaction score
That's kinda creepy too.. He should be in trouble.

lol how is it creepy? I mean unless he used it to spy on some teenage girls or something.

Don't know if he should get in trouble unless he planned on selling it or using it for something else.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Who else thought, "dang Bellichick is at it again" when they seen the title? I know I did. :D

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If anyone's ever taken a photo in public, then they probably have no real room to talk about being creeped out by these things. It's a bunch of hobbyists having a little fun, but there will be bad apples, I'm sure.

Just like there are plenty of people that take photos on the street an a small percentage that are trying to shoot up women's skirts, you'll hear about the skirt creeps but not the normal people.

Funny you say that. There was a local news report in my area about this guy who was flying one around and looking in people's windows. The kicker was that the way the law read it was completely legal.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This drone thing is going to be a MESS.

Yeah, the FAA really missed the boat on regulating it. It doesn't all fall on the FAA though, there are a lot of privacy concerns. insurance concerns (for commercial operators), and municipal concerns. It is a giant mess that no one seemed to adequately prepare for.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Wow because of this I looked at a linked video of a woman beating a teen boy who was just using his quadcopter to record beach aerial footage in Connecticut. You should watch that this idiot woman thinks you cannot video record people in public so she takes her hatred out on the kid just for his hobby. Search "Quadcopter Pilot Assaulted at Hammonasset Beach".

Too many people think these are drones and they are "stealing privacy" or whatever nut jobs are paranoid about, they don't even know basic laws.

I've seen that. Terrible.