We're Gonna Mock Around the Clock Tonight

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gonna mock, mock, mock til broad daylight. Gonna mock, gonna mock, around the clock tonight.

I dedicate this Mock to attitude. I am looking to add players who have it and would bring it to this team. Your opinions are always enjoyed.

1. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama, 6'4", 255. Too good to pass up if he is there. He is a tackling machine and a natural leader.

rolandomcclain_medium.jpg

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami, 6'6", 315. An anchor on a QBs blind side. Brings his lunch pail and comes to play.

2784714318833544305JasonFoxUCF.jpg

3. Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas, 6'0", 195.
He's a perfect slot WR and Punt Return option. Clean route runner who has good hands.

jordan-shipley6.jpg

4. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss, 6'5", 350. A bulldozer on run blocking and an absolute bookend for BIGG.

john%20jerry%20front.jpg

6. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 292. A team Captain and a mauler.

hawaii_john_estes.jpg

7. Brandon Brinkley, CB, Houston, 6'0", 180. He returns to my mock as a late round steal. Provides good depth and a great attitude.

houston_brandon_brinkley.jpg

Bigdog

Reaction score
Love this draft especially the first four picks. McLain would absolutely be a great pick and we should take him if he is there. A 6'4 258 lb linebacker that runs a 4.65 (publish reports), can play all four of the linebacker positions, very intelligent, hard-working, and has grasp Saban's complex 3-4 system- I definitely would go for that. Only problem that I see is he will not last to the 32nd pick. He is a top 20 pick, maybe a top 15.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;3067790 said:
Gonna mock, mock, mock til broad daylight. Gonna mock, gonna mock, around the clock tonight.

I dedicate this Mock to attitude. I am looking to add players who have it and would bring it to this team. Your opinions are always enjoyed.

1. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama, 6'4", 255. Too good to pass up if he is there. He is a tackling machine and a natural leader.

rolandomcclain_medium.jpg

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami, 6'6", 315. An anchor on a QBs blind side. Brings his lunch pail and comes to play.

2784714318833544305JasonFoxUCF.jpg

3. Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas, 6'0", 195. He's a perfect slot WR and Punt Return option. Clean route runner who has good hands.

jordan-shipley6.jpg

4. John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss, 6'5", 350. A bulldozer on run blocking and an absolute bookend for BIGG.

john%20jerry%20front.jpg

6. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 292. A team Captain and a mauler.

hawaii_john_estes.jpg

7. Brandon Brinkley, CB, Houston, 6'0", 180. He returns to my mock as a late round steal. Provides good depth and a great attitude.

houston_brandon_brinkley.jpg

Hos, your mock warms the cockles of my heart......you finally have a mock I can completely stand behind.

Shady12

Reaction score
Are we dumping Crayton? Not think Ogletree has a shot at being the slot guy? I LOVE Shipley but why do we need a wr so badly??

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Shady12;3068254 said:
Are we dumping Crayton? Not think Ogletree has a shot at being the slot guy? I LOVE Shipley but why do we need a wr so badly??

good-bye Hurd

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Love this draft.

After watching McClain against LSU, I'm convinced. As long as we go LT in the 2nd then McClain would be sweet.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wish Marcell Dareus was draft eligible. He is a beast.

I like this draft though and I would like that guy as a first round pick. He is a smart dude.

Nice mock and I would take it right now and not look back.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Awesome mock (and with pictures!!) Hos.

If McClain keeps playing the way he has been, he's going Top 15. He's Patrick Willis Part Two.

Love every pick. Fox, Jerry, and Estes would solve OL depth issues immediately and give us guys who can step in and start down the road.

Shipley reminds me of a 1970's era Dallas Cowboy. Punt return issues are over if we get him. Also, nothing wrong with having talented WR's 1 thru 5.

The Houston CB was the guy who did a pretty good job on Dez Bryant correct?

RS12

Reaction score
Another slot receiver? Is this a replacement for Crayton? I think McClain is long gone by pick 20, he prolly gets alot of exposure if Bama makes the expected title run. I am not sold on Fox, other options I like better.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
RS12;3068696 said:
Another slot receiver? Is this a replacement for Crayton? I think McClain is long gone by pick 20, he prolly gets alot of exposure if Bama makes the expected title run. I am not sold on Fox, other options I like better.

He will be, so we can "settle" for Eric Norwood. He will be a force opposite of D.Ware. He may be the best pass rusher in the NCAA. He has dominated SEC teams for 4 years now.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;3068721 said:
He will be, so we can "settle" for Eric Norwood. He will be a force opposite of D.Ware. He may be the best pass rusher in the NCAA. He has dominated SEC teams for 4 years now.

We just drafted Brandon Williams and Victor Butler...

I can guarentee you that we won't pick a OLB in the first 4 rounds.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Love it Hos. Love McClain but fear he will heat up as the draft gets closer and Bama plays in the title game. He stay's as my pet cat this year...
Also love the Estes pick from UH !

rkell87

Reaction score
love this mock, can you get into the war room on draft day? lol

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Really like this one. Jason Fox is my pet cat, and I think he'll rocket up the draft boards. I think by the time the draft rolls around he'll have to be taken with a first round pick, but at the back of the first...right where Dallas will be picking. Right now I have:

1. Jason Fox OT/Miami
2. Mike Iupati OG/Idaho
3. Jordan Shipley WR/Texas
4. Javier Arenas CB/Alabama
5. Eric Olsen C/Notre Dame (I realize Dallas doesn't have a 5th, but in a draft this deep, I think they'll figure out a way to get it back. Maybe this years 6th & 7th plus something next year)

Some different players, but same idea. Rebuild the offensive line, add a playmaking receiver to replace FA loss Hurd, and always draft a corner (especially one who is the best return man in the country).

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Great great mock. However I really will be surprised if Mcclain makes it out of the top 15. When you talk about being a leader, this guy is that and more. I'm not big on trading up but I wouldn't be opposed to doing something like we did to secure Mike Jenkins. He's that good. Absolutely love the oline pics. This alone will make us a better ballclub down the line.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I love that draft Hos... ILB and OL this coming draft is what I would try and concentrate on we got to get somebody who can play for Brady James

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3068734 said:
We just drafted Brandon Williams and Victor Butler...

I can guarentee you that we won't pick a OLB in the first 4 rounds.

He can play inside as well. He played inside most of his junior year. He is the best pass rushing LB in the draft. He has proven it for 4 straight seasons. He plays in the "james harrison"," Jared Allen" relentless pass rushed mold. Although he is good at coverage. He is going to be far better then Williams and Butler, and would be able to play either OLB or ILB if needed. Spencer isn't exactly a world beater right now. Why not?