Stephen Jones: "We're looking forward to signing our own guys"

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money, Micah is the only one that's going to cost you money. By the time you've gotten all the money you've created with the Lamb and Dak deals, Micah can go sign, and we can put this mess to bed!!! Why are there so many excuses with this team? If there's more to the story, let us know!! Be honest, please give your thoughts!

At what point can we be excited about signing guys that are NOT on this team

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you’re saying , but we have seen these guys play together and it wasn’t enough. Making all 3 the highest paid at their position isn’t going to help. The team needs a rebuild. Can’t wait to see whose going to protect Daks blindside

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they aren’t offering discounts there’s no reason to sign them now. There’s fifth year options and two tags for each.

I’m sure Stephen wants to steal these guys but they would each rather wait it out for the big pay day. I don’t blame them.

The part I don’t get is why the team isnt scrambling to win while those two are still on rookie deals, but Jerry and his kid have apparently come up with some master plan that no one else can make sense of.

Come to think of it, why is this ‘soft rebuild’ or whatever it is even necessary when they never actually got aggressive in trying to get over the hump these last few years?

I think it’s much more like a lack of any plan at all, but I don’t want to upset anyone that still thinks this team is 12 win bound.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't see the point in resigning players who are only after the bag of cash. They need players who want to win
But my friend that's the business now, ANYTIME players are actually excited that the players below them are resetting the market to help them when it's their time to get a new deal, it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying , but we have seen these guys play together and it wasn’t enough. Making all 3 the highest paid at their position isn’t going to help. The team needs a rebuild. Can’t wait to see whose going to protect Daks blindside
Yet you have people who want all of these guys signed. I mean where have we been with all of these guys as you've stated, i'd be fine but here comes "well who are you going to replace them with??" Uhh a martian!! lol, duh another football player, it's not that hard! Take your lumps, and build something with some new faces. What are we going to do have 4+ more years of the same high stat seasons, only to not win in the playoffs etc??

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If they started signing these guys before free agency began to open up cap room I wouldn't have had an issue. If they are looking to move on from at least one from the Dak/Lamb/Parsons trio and have a mini rebuild in mind I wont have an issue. If they intentionally skipped free agency putting the blame on these guys contracts and upcoming contracts only to sign them after free agency is over it would be extremely disheartening....not because I don't think any of the three are quality players, but because it just shows that Jerry/Stephen have no intention of truly competing for a championship this year despite telling the fans they are.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why do you put more stock in what they say over what they do?

Who cares what they say?

What they’re doing is blowing it up.

Stop believing them.
It APPEARS that they are, NOBODY on this blog lounge really knows what they're doing. You may be right ( I hope they're thinking in this manner), but what if they're truly thinking about saving the cap to sign all these players especially the one who's been here the longest.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It APPEARS that they are, NOBODY on this blog lounge really knows what they're doing. You may be right ( I hope they're thinking in this manner), but what if they're truly thinking about saving the cap to sign all these players especially the one who's been here the longest.
They’re blowing it up.

Everyone, including the coaches, are on 1 year deals.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Then why hasn't this happened yet? Stephen said this as if there's something holding us back, is it? Resigning Dak CREATES money, signing Lamb, CREATES money, Micah is the only one that's going to cost you money. By the time you've gotten all the money you've created with the Lamb and Dak deals, Micah can go sign, and we can put this mess to bed!!! Why are there so many excuses with this team? If there's more to the story, let us know!! Be honest, please give your thoughts!

At what point can we be excited about signing guys that are NOT on this team
Just like the last time Dak had a deal get done.... who is to say the player is telling them to hold off. It is absolutely in Lamb's bets interest to wait for Jefferson to sign. By the way, Lamb and Jefferson share the same agent.

Dak is going to get a MINIMUM of 60 million per... a MINIMUM. So if he balls out and has a repeat statistical season from last year and gets booted in rd 1, hes getting 60 million. If he were to make a title game or more, that goes up to 65ish.

So what incentive do those two players have to sign a deal?

You dont know what the FO has or has not done.

Parsons??? He is just entering year 4. I dont have an answer, but how many NFL players that are 1st rd picks get a new deal after year 3 and before training camp has even opened for that players start of year 4? Did Bosa get a deal after his third year?

Edit: Uhm... no, Bosa did not sign an extension after year 3. Give me some examples of 1st rd picks that have signed an extension after year 3.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
They are waiting to extend Dak in TC, so they can lie and say this is why they couldn't spend. As far as Lamb goes, why would you sign a guy who says all he wants is to be the highest paid WR in the NFL?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Looks like they are gonna try to "Fill" LT but if/when it goes wrong Tyler will get moved..that doesn't really help the middle though..lol

Carson

Reaction score
They are waiting to extend Dak in TC, so they can lie and say this is why they couldn't spend. As far as Lamb goes, why would you sign a guy who says all he wants is to be the highest paid WR in the NFL?
Dak = facts. Said this when the season ended. They won’t do anything to help cap, will sign a max deal but sell it as ”well this is why we did not sign anybody! PIE PIE PIE!!!!”

Lamb deserved to be paid like a top 3 guy in the league. A little below Jefferson. But hard to argue outside of JJ and Cheetah he is a top 3 WR.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They’re blowing it up.

Everyone, including the coaches, are on 1 year deals.
What exactly does "Blowing it up mean? They gonna have 5 players coming back after 24 and fire all coaches and start over?

Nobody "Blows," anything up in the NFL. Teams... all teams have huge turnover from year to year.
Over the cap did a study that says teams have a 44% roster turnover rate from year to year.... Id say that alone is blowing it up.