We're playing for the 6 seed

CWR

Reaction score
We get Tyron and Heath back Thursday it sounds like and Bailey possibly. Sean Lee out until Washington likely.

Look, at our best I think everyone would predict a 5-1 finish at worst. NY is awful, we already beat Washington and have owned them since 2013 and San Diego finds more unique ways to lose than anyone else. Oakland is getting worse and Carr just isn't gonna be fully healthy all year.

We just need to dig deep and give us a chance in the last weeks of December.

I agree although Im very concerned about the Chargers game, mainly IF Smith isnt back. Bosa and Ingram are nasty, they have Gordon, Hunter Henry and Keenan so I expect this to be a tough game that we must win. We have to stop the bleeding.

TWOK11

Reaction score
See that. I have to completely question what kind of fan you are. Cant see the forest through the trees. Its almost like you would rather be right and limp into the playoffs then pay our dues and do what has to be done to win a championship.

I'd rather make the playoffs than not make the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett isn't getting fired this year no matter what, so you might as well hope we win.

I agree that Garrett wont get fired. But the seeds have to start being sown. If it takes 2 6-10 seasons in a row to get rid of Garrett I will sacrifice it. Bring it on. I hope we lose every game for the next 3 years if thats what it takes to get rid of Garrett.

Now if this team was 8-3, then different story. But this season is already toast.

Sydla

Reaction score
Coordinators? What about a new head coach?

Of course we need a new head coach. But I tend to agree with those that say Garrett isn't getting fired. The Jones family is way too loyal to him. They will prop him up as long as they can using excuses like Lee and Elliott not being there. The next step in the progression of defending Garrett would be to blame the coordinators.

So knowing there is little chance Garrett is getting **** canned, I would at least like to see two new coordinators and new systems brought on board this offseason.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I'd rather win championships than not win championships............

Garrett ain't getting us there

You can't win championships without making the playoffs.

And worse coaches than Jason Garrett have won Superbowls

Sydla

Reaction score
Garrett isn't getting fired no matter what happens this year.

I am not saying it's a certainty, but if this team limped down the stretch, got blown out in a few more games and we saw more and more 2nd half debacles showing a lack of adjustments, I think they could fire him. Especially if the media really starts in on the criticism.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I question the loyalty of any fan who would rather be right than make the playoffs.

You're free to question anything you'd like. I prefer to look at the big picture and what's in this team's best interests long term. Not trying to finagle some undeserved playoff appearance that keeps undeserving coaches around for another year.

I'm not much of a Gareet fan right now but it is what it is.

What it "is" is unacceptable. Some of us just don't shrug our shoulders about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd rather make the playoffs than not make the playoffs.

I think that's a very narrow way to look at it. There is a bigger picture. But I can fully admit that in order to make the playoffs, the Cowboys would probably have to go 5-1. If they did that and beat the Eagles in the last game then they would have a shot to win it all. I would take that all day long. I just dont think that is even remotely realistic. Especially not with the injuries we still have and Zeke out.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love how all the digs against the team are about the offense. That doomsday defense is fine and dandy.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I get the feeling that Philly won't pull that bs but we pulled in week 17 last week and they might actually go for the kill ****. That week 17, I expect them to approach it like it's win or go home, especially if they can knock the Boys out of the playoffs. No matter how good the season been nobody wants to end the season with a loss.

I've always been torn on this debate. Playing it as just another must win game sounds great, and I think every coach would do that if he was guaranteed no injuries. The problem is there are no guarantees. Imagine having the #1 seed locked up and having a guy like Fletcher Cox, Wentz, or Lane Johnson unavailable for the playoffs because they played week 17. It's hard to blame coaches for going the safe route....but I certainly see the potential downside of that as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
I love how all the digs against the team are about the offense. That doomsday defense is fine and dandy.

The defense has gotten their fair share of criticism in other threads. But Garrett is an offensive coach and if the offense is scuffling, that's a bad reflection on him.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The defense has gotten their fair share of criticism in other threads. But Garrett is an offensive coach and if the offense is scuffling, that's a bad reflection on him.

Until the last two weeks, the offense had been scoring 30+ points on a regular basis, yet the team was .500. I will agree that it's on the coaches for asking a 2nd year QB to play perfect football so this inept defense can be hidden.

Sydla

Reaction score
Until the last two weeks, the offense had been scoring 30+ points on a regular basis, yet the team was .500. I will agree that it's on the coaches for asking a 2nd year QB to play perfect football so this inept defense can be hidden.

The offense also was anemic at various times throughout this season, especially in key moments.

Just looking at points scored is a fairly simplistic and silly way to view this season. The offense hasn't been as bad as the D but they haven't been lollipops and ice cream all the time either.