WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'Feel free to cover me, Bradie'

6:46 PM Mon, Aug 04, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Those are the words Jason Witten yelled at linebacker Bradie James during a passing drill Monday afternoon.

Witten went right up the middle of the field, past James, to make a catch for what would have certainly been a big gain and maybe a touchdown.

Witten wants more from his defense.

QT

Reaction score
Bradie isn't the best covering LB in the NFL :)

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
The very next play he should have ran and stood right next to him and started yelling "I'm open, I'm open."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow!

Witten's stepping up as a leader!

Given these quotes, and prior words from Ware, it seems like the team has some leaders emerging on both sides of the ball.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
were gonna be really good this year just for the simple fact of how hard these guys compete against each other in practice this year.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2176689 said:
What's sad is he is the leader on defense, lol.

Hey, I'll take it. Two years ago, I was greatly disappointed with his play.

Last year, it was Bradie's world and we were all just living in it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
IVE TOLD YOU GUYS AND LADIES, THAT WITTEN WAS A LEADER!!!!

when witten cried and cried after the giant loss and when he jelled at a media guy for wearing a giants cap in OTAs,

that witten grew as a leader finally

and leaders step up and push other players

just like michael irvin said about T O and adam jones, when you have that kind of competition you have something special developing that can lead to championships

i told you guys last year after the giant game and some of you said no, but i said it first,

GO COWBOYS! EAT OUR DUST PATRIOTS AND REST OF THE NFL!!!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Glad to see players are starting to hold one another accountable...

Dunno. Maybe its the homer in me coming out again.... but I think this year will be different. I think we finally make some postseason noise. It just has a different feel to it than last year.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2176706 said:
Hey, I'll take it. Two years ago, I was greatly disappointed with his play.

Last year, it was Bradie's world and we were all just living in it.

My comment was that it looks like Witten is the defensive leader.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IIRC, Witten was a team captain last year. Can't really say this is anything related to leadership.

More likely this is just standard ish talking when you're in practice.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2176720 said:
My comment was that it looks like Witten is the defensive leader.

Gotcha, that's pretty funny! :D

You never know what those types of things mean, either our offense is looking really good or the pass defense is not so good.

Seems like the two sides have both been getting their days though, I have a really good feeling about this year.

I have a really bad feeling regarding those poor *******s in Cleveland. They're going to be so worked up to have a successful year and they're going to get run over. Oh well, they'll have 15 games to recover. :laugh2:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Bradie James has covered very well in this camp according to reports. This really hasn't been talked about, but James has made good plays in coverage.

Perhaps, Witten saw a mistake and was trying to fire him up.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The local(Austin) ESPN radio affiliate had a Cowboys report a few minutes ago. The reporter said that Witten was yelling at Brian Stewart that Bobby Carpenter kept holding him during drills.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;2176794 said:
The local(Austin) ESPN radio affiliate had a Cowboys report a few minutes ago. The reporter said that Witten was yelling at Brian Stewart that Bobby Carpenter kept holding him during drills.
Yeah I read that on another blog entry. Probably the practice blog. And he yelled and Stew to tell his boy to stop ****** holding him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love smack talking, it makes it more fun plus it pushes the other guy to go to another level to shut him up.

I never understood why people were so against it. I guess the non-athletic types hate it cause they know nothing about putting your a** on the line on the field/court/track/ whatever sport of your choice.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Seems like we got some friendly battling going on :) I love it