WFAA Hansen Blog: Giants handle players different than Cowboys

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbacklund;2459101 said:
I am curious how she covered it up. I would think a bullet hole speaks for itself.

A physician has a lawful duty to report any GSW to the police. I'd bet she was suspended from the hospital staff which is a life-time stain on your professional record and can be a professional death. She will likely be prosecuted if this snowballs. She may also be suspended by the state of NY's medical board or whatever they call it.

She may have totally destroyed her career and at the very least gotten herself kicked off the staff at least temporarily and possibly forever. She could lose her license to practice in NY and hence anywhere in the US.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Coleman was arrested for DUI in 2006 and released the next day. Pacman was not arrested for his latest incident which was an in-house incident that happened to take place in public. If it had happened at Pac's house, we still wouldn't have heard about it. Getting suspended for a brief pushing episode with you hired bodyguard is total BS to begin with. He was suspended simply due to previous actions. No other player in the league gets 4 games off for the same thing. As far as how Dallas handled it, you have to remember that there were draft picks involved. If JJ had suspended him instead of the league, the Cowboys wouldn't have gooten a 5th back from Tenn and would still owe them another 6th. Jerry's not stupid, he let the league handle it so that he could get his picks back if they suspended Pacman.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2459080 said:
It's alarming how often I'm shocked at the inability of the Dallas media to comprehend simple situations. I should really learn to expect this type of thing.

They are simply playing stupid. I'm certain they just write half truths just to stir the pot. It happens in the media throughout the country not just Dallas.

His next article will be an exact opposite opinion, that puts an entirely different spin on the situation, while leaving out other details and common sense.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Its not about discipline with him. Its about money.

They are going to get rid of him, so they are trying to save as much money as they can in the process.

However they have showed they handle things differently on two accounts. They suspended burress after numerous fines and missing meetings.

but they also have held onto bradshaw who has spent time in prison and will again this summer. And they had no problems with running kareem mckenzie right out in the starting lineup the day after he got dwi a month ago. They said he apologized so it was ok.

So they really dont hold anyone to higher standards, because in my book DWI is a pretty serious thing and they didnt flinch when mckenzie got one, he was right out there starting and the media didnt give two craps about it.

Dale hansen probably doesnt even know that, he is a buffoon.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2459127 said:
They are simply playing stupid. I'm certain they just write half truths just to stir the pot. It happens in the media throughout the country not just Dallas.

His next article will be an exact opposite opinion, that puts an entirely different spin on the situation, while leaving out other details and common sense.

First of all, there is no such thing as 'playing stupid' IMO. Doing the latter is the equivalent of the former.

Secondly, I know it happens elsewhere, but not with the extreme frequency and predictability that it does in Dallas. I can assure you that the Washington Post or the Commanders Report wouldn't have taken jabs at Snyder so quickly, and in this situation, likely not at all. The whole premise is wrong, as usual, and once again the Dallas media has put their journalistic integrity on the back burner in order to self promote their own stupidity and get hits, sell papers, or take a shot at someone that wasn't deserving. It's pathetic...and people should stop enabling him.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tomson75;2459170 said:
First of all, there is no such thing as 'playing stupid' IMO. Doing the latter is the equivalent of the former.

Secondly, I know it happens elsewhere, but not with the extreme frequency and predictability that it does in Dallas. I can assure you that the Washington Post or the Commanders Report wouldn't have taken jabs at Snyder so quickly, and in this situation, likely not at all. The whole premise is wrong, as usual, and once again the Dallas media has put their journalistic integrity on the back burner in order to self promote their own stupidity and get hits, sell papers, or take a shot at someone that wasn't deserving. It's pathetic...and people should stop enabling him.

One of the Washington area papers is always ripping on the skins and Snyder. Can not remember which one but it is one of the leading papers in that town.

I think Jason LaCondra (something like that) rips on them a great deal.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2459184 said:
One of the Washington area papers is always ripping on the skins and Snyder. Can not remember which one but it is one of the leading papers in that town.

I think Jason LaCondra (something like that) rips on them a great deal.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying it doesn't happen with near the frequency that it seems to in Dallas.

...and I'm really only familiar with the Washington Post around here, so that's my main basis for judgement....and they are far less judgmental of Snyder than many are in Dallas.

I know Hansen is one of the worst, but he's not void of company.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Cowboys22;2459122 said:
Coleman was arrested for DUI in 2006 and released the next day.

Thats what I was thinking, .. that is our "one" since 2006.

Meanwhile the Steelers have had 6-7 arrests since '06, ... Holmes with 3 himself.

Even their mascot "Steely McBeam" got arrested for DUI.

:lmao2: :laugh2:

lspain1

Reaction score
tomson75;2459170 said:
The whole premise is wrong, as usual, and once again the Dallas media has put their journalistic integrity on the back burner in order to self promote their own stupidity and get hits, sell papers, or take a shot at someone that wasn't deserving. It's pathetic...and people should stop enabling him.

You are precisely correct about Hansen...and our media in general (although there are exceptions). In general the Cowboys take a more proactive approach with players on these types of "personal" issues than than other NFL teams. Jerry should be lauded and not condemned on this subject, and that's regardless of Adam Jones.

/rant on
In general our MSM no longer represent the best of America....they represent the worst. In truth, I have a higher regard for lawyers than I do these, so called, journalists.
/rant off

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2459099 said:
In the past five years, what Cowboys player has been arrested WHILE he's been a Cowboy?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sport...evPageID=2&cpipage=3&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=

I don't even know who that guy is but they say he was cut by us after he got arrested. I'm not even sure if he was on the team he's linked to us some how so I thought he was with us.....The website list pacman as being with the Titans when he got arrested so I think it's fairly accurate.....

Mash

Reaction score
Its funny how the Giants are doing it the right way....

even tho....they kept Buress and never suspended him when he was fined up to 50 times since being a Giant prior to the SB.

The Giants suspended Buress now because they can save money....and they know the NFL would of suspended him anyways.

If the Coaches job was on the line....if the team was fighting for a playoff spot...etc.....The Giants would of waited till the league took action.

btw...I still think on profootball talk turd page .....the Cowboys are still amoung the lowest team to have troubled players...

I guess Henson is wrong then....I think the Cowboys are doing it the right way......

FCBarca

Reaction score
Gotta give the Giants credit, they certainly run a tighter ship than most NFL teams...Although, not sure how they let Plax carry on for so long without practicing

robjgrif

Reaction score
dbacklund;2459101 said:
I am curious how she covered it up. I would think a bullet hole speaks for itself.

I believe in NY doctors who treat GSW(s) are required to report the incident to police, she apparrantly did not. :eek: