WFT Smackdown Take 2

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Some thoughts on Sunday’s game:

1. We are at home, and we play much better at home— especially in the RZ

2. Nationally televised primetime game to clinch in style over a rival? Gotta believe the guys will be chomping at the bit

3. Short week of prep + significant physical toll (WFT gave up 200+ yards rushing) + travel + PTSD from the beatdown we gave 2 weeks ago = Good things for Dallas

4. Covid crisis… who is even available for the WFT and how prepped will they be?

Bottom line…. The WFT will come out swinging— but will be met by a buzzsaw

Dallas 38
WFT 17

Cowboyny

Reaction score

2. Nationally televised primetime game to clinch in style over a rival? Gotta believe the guys will be chomping at the bit

3. Short week of prep + significant physical toll (WFT gave up 200+ yards rushing) + travel + PTSD from the beatdown we gave 2 weeks ago = Good things for Dallas

4. Covid crisis… who is even available for the WFT and how prepped will they be?

Dallas 38
WFT 17
Short week won't mean much for prepping as they just faced us a week ago. Yes, physical toll and covid will come in play.

If they lose this week, their season is over, they will be a team either that is highly motivated or ready to call it quits.

Proximo

Reaction score
I think they come out ready to party and celebrate if they have already clinched and dunk on WFT’s face

Plus— should GB, TB, and/or AZ lose— playoff seeding can be a huge motivation

Yea I don’t think we’ll come out flat.
This is our 1st home game since Thanksgiving, players will be hyped after a three game road win streak. Even if we clinch the division before kickoff our players and coaches want that 1 seed.

Carson

Reaction score
Would be fun if Heinicke plays. I know he's hearing foot steps. I haven't seen a Qb get the snot kicked out of him like that in awhile lol.
They stated one QB is ready. They didn’t state which one but he or Allen will be activated

Reactions: CWR
Reaction score
Other than red zone efficiency they actually play better on the road, where they are 6-2. Defense in particular is much better on the road.

Division will likely be clinched by game time. But still lots to play for.

Skins on a very short week. But they will have a lot of guys coming back. I still think we win by double digits

ghst187

Reaction score
If we score 38, I would guess that had to mean our defense scored 24.

I actually think they’ll play us tough and won’t turn it over as much as they did the first time…which is how we scored almost every point.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If we score 38, I would guess that had to mean our defense scored 24.

I actually think they’ll play us tough and won’t turn it over as much as they did the first time…which is how we scored almost every point.

I don’t think our WRs drop nearly as many balls as they did either… and with Connor W back at LG I think we run it a bit better than we did as well

Oh— and I think the turnover party continues. I think we get at least 2 on Sun night

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Dallas 38
WFT 17

We're 4-2 at home and 6-2 on the road. Take it for what it is.

We should win this game and most importantly need to come out of it injury free.

I'm good with a win like we had last week. Then I want to see us blow up ARZ.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don’t think our WRs drop nearly as many balls as they did either… and with Connor W back at LG I think we run it a bit better than we did as well

Oh— and I think the turnover party continues. I think we get at least 2 on Sun night

I think Parsons gets back to hitting the QB again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember a couple of weeks ago when I was hoping the defense could make one final stop at the end to win the game I was thinking how would Washington handle this beatdown?

Creeper

Reaction score

Dallas 38
WFT 17

I agree with the thought on this being a home game. I think the Cowboys are going to put it together this week.

FOR THE DIVISION race the other games to watch are:

Chargers @ Houston - We want the Chargers to win
Buffalo @ New England - We want New England to win
LA Rams @ Minnesota - We want Minnesota to win (not considering seeding implications)
NY Giants @ Philadelphia - Obviously we want the Giants to somehow win
Detroit @ Atlanta - We want Atlanta to win
Jacksonville @ NY Jets - We want Jacksonville to win
Denver @ Las Vegas - We want Las Vegas to win

If we get just 3 of our "wants" this weekend, we clinch the division even if we lose to Washington. I do think we get at least 2 but there are some close contests this weekend.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That 27-20 beatdown.

They are still feeling the effects of it.

Our D did beat them down. Dak and the offense? Not so much lol…

But yah— Heinicke very well may be seeing ghosts if he starts. Did you see him crumpled up on the ground after getting blasted by Parson? Lol… I don’t think he wants any more of that lol