WFT to part with Alex Smith

foofighters

Reaction score
Alex Smith is a class act. I think he'll come back as a backup for a team, but don't see him getting a starting job anyway.

QB revolution like we haven't seen in a long time happening next year.
That ESPN piece they did on him was pretty eye opening to the kind of man he is and how great his family is. Not only is the guy a football player, he's great person too.

Swagger

Reaction score
He should run to the retirement line with his leg. No reason to put your family through that.

Silly for him to keep playing after almost losing his leg!
Agree. It was a nice comeback story but he wasn't the same player

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we let Dak go, I'd have Alex Smith essentially in the role that Drew Bledsoe was for us before Romo took over. I'd try to get Alex Smith on a 2 year reasonable deal (which shouldn't be too hard), which was about the time we had Bledsoe. Essentially a reboot of those years with hopefully better decision making with players along the way. What I mean by that is we wouldn't even have to draft a QB in round 1. We could see who falls to us in say, round 3 (since we'll have 2 3rds at least), take a QB then (and there are some QBs who I think are underrated). I wasn't high on Kyle Trask before hand, but, he'd be an example of a QB who could slide to us in round 3 who, with a year or two of development under Smith, we could turn into an intriguing player. Thus, still getting the best defencive player at 10, while essentially stealing a QB in round 3. Or, we can draft Peyton Ramsey in round 5 or 6 out of Northwestern (previously with Indiana).

Kyle Trask (6'5" and 239 lbs) highlights:

Peyton Ramsey (6'2" and 220 lbs) highlights:

JayFord

Reaction score
say what you will Alex won games for the WFT....hes something like 12-5 when starting it's not pretty but he finds ways to win

nobody

Reaction score
Is he willing to take the vet minimum and agree to play as a backup? Cool. Check out what he has left in the tank. Otherwise pass.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Is he willing to take the vet minimum and agree to play as a backup? Cool. Check out what he has left in the tank. Otherwise pass.

idk about vet min, but I'd imagine at this point, he'd take the backup role. I could see us getting a similar deal with him as we got with Dalton.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
say what you will Alex won games for the WFT....hes something like 12-5 when starting it's not pretty but he finds ways to win

Exactly, and that's where he as a bridge QB or a backup QB would be valuable here.

Dre11

Reaction score

Alex rode the bus for the WFT, it's one of the reasons they let him go along with the amount he was making 24 million and unreliable. I live here and just listened to folks here kill him for being a check down qb.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Alex Smith would probably win as many games as the Cowboys QB as Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
the FBT sucks if they dont have a true QB. That "brain trust" and I use that word loosely, in DC...never will be in MENSA. They better have a plan.
Danny Boy is a tool but they did get Young in the draft,, I hated seeing that but thats what happens when you suck and get that high pick.
That Defensive lineman can not be dismissed,, he will be a headache for a while.
My bad,, didnt realize this thread was about Alex Smith,,, Ive been up too long,, Im tired,,
my apologies,,, Im going to bed.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
:(
If we let Dak go, I'd have Alex Smith essentially in the role that Drew Bledsoe was for us before Romo took over. I'd try to get Alex Smith on a 2 year reasonable deal (which shouldn't be too hard), which was about the time we had Bledsoe. Essentially a reboot of those years with hopefully better decision making with players along the way. What I mean by that is we wouldn't even have to draft a QB in round 1. We could see who falls to us in say, round 3 (since we'll have 2 3rds at least), take a QB then (and there are some QBs who I think are underrated). I wasn't high on Kyle Trask before hand, but, he'd be an example of a QB who could slide to us in round 3 who, with a year or two of development under Smith, we could turn into an intriguing player. Thus, still getting the best defencive player at 10, while essentially stealing a QB in round 3. Or, we can draft Peyton Ramsey in round 5 or 6 out of Northwestern (previously with Indiana).

Kyle Trask (6'5" and 239 lbs) highlights:

Peyton Ramsey (6'2" and 220 lbs) highlights:

Both those guys you posted will be out of the league in 4 years

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Alex Smith wears socks with sandals and once referred to the Mormon choir as the "Tab and apple" choir.