What’s My Name: Muhammad Ali

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ali didn't beat him, he embarrassed him.

I don't know that I agree with that. I mean, Ali was truly great in that fight but if George lasts one round longer and he might of knocked Ali out. He was strong dude, he was just young and didn't understand the way Ali did.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know that I agree with that. I mean, Ali was truly great in that fight but if George lasts one round longer and he might of knocked Ali out. He was strong dude, he was just young and didn't understand the way Ali did.

Watch that fight again. Any chance George had of knocking Ali out was over several rounds ago. If George lasted another round he would have passed out from exhaustion. You could argue Ali won every round.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Watch that fight again. Any chance George had of knocking Ali out was over several rounds ago. If George lasted another round he would have passed out from exhaustion. You could argue Ali won every round.

If you can find it, listen to the interview with Angelo Dundee. He talks about the amount of Energy Ali expended in the 7th round and just how dehydrated he was after that fight. Foreman almost got up in the 8th. Dundee talks about the fact that Ali was spent after having thrown all of those punches and he wasn't sure that he could have made it through the 9th. It's really an interesting fight to study. Ali had much more experience but George was much younger and much stronger. George was able to bounce back more quickly.

Anyhow, great fight for sure.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you can find it, listen to the interview with Angelo Dundee. He talks about the amount of Energy Ali expended in the 7th round and just how dehydrated he was after that fight. Foreman almost got up in the 8th. Dundee talks about the fact that Ali was spent after having thrown all of those punches and he wasn't sure that he could have made it through the 9th. It's really an interesting fight to study. Ali had much more experience but George was much younger and much stronger. George was able to bounce back more quickly.

Anyhow, great fight for sure.

I couldn't find it. I have no reason to doubt Dundee, Ali looked spent when they interviewed him at the end of the fight. But, Ali didn't show it in the ring.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I couldn't find it. I have no reason to doubt Dundee, Ali looked spent when they interviewed him at the end of the fight. But, Ali didn't show it in the ring.

No, that's one thing about Ali, he was a master showman and though he might have been dead on his feet, he would have never shown you that until he actually did drop dead on his feet. He was a great, great fighter.

Flamma

Reaction score
No, that's one thing about Ali, he was a master showman and though he might have been dead on his feet, he would have never shown you that until he actually did drop dead on his feet. He was a great, great fighter.

Just curious, what did you think of the 2nd fight between Ali and Liston?

Flamma

Reaction score

I'm a big Ali fan, always have been since I was 5-7 years old when my father got me into watching these fights. I've watched every fight you can think of and no one can tell me that knockout was legit. I know Ali would have beat his *** again, but I am fairly confident that Sonny took a dive. But hey, good for him. No way he was winning anyway. He was at the end of his career, take the money and retire.