What’s the deal with all the penalties?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Carroll coached Seahawks have always been grabby with their secondary. The flags should have been plentiful this game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They were awful for the Seahawks on several plays as well. I wouldn't be moaning about the officiating tonight!
Right. Lots of calls on both teams. They couldn't call everything or we'd have been here all night. I thought we came out on the plus side of it. I saw a hold on us on one run. I thought the PI on 54 (name is escaping me at the moment) was ticky-tack. I thought they should have called a hold on their DB for grabbing Gallup around the helmet. Overall, it seemed fairly closely officiated.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They call holding on Smith which is the same 100% hold at the end of the game on OSA which could have cost Dallas the game. It would have put Seatitle back 15 yards and more than likely would have been the end but it wasn’t. But it is blatant and it is obvious the refs are either blind or corrupt.
The Seahawks strategy was to keep interfering in hopes the refs would stop throwing flags because they can’t call it every play.

It worked.

Their only answer for Dallas was hoping the refs wouldn’t penalize them.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Right. Lots of calls on both teams. They couldn't call everything or we'd have been here all night. I thought we came out on the plus side of it. I saw a hold on us on one run. I thought the PI on 54 (name is escaping me at the moment) was ticky-tack. I thought they should have called a hold on their DB for grabbing Gallup around the helmet. Overall, it seemed fairly closely officiated.
Missing the very same call that they call religiously for the Seahawks is obvious corruption. The same ref is looking at the same people except the jerseys are switched. Why are they missing the identical hold call if it is not corruption???? No other explanation. incompetence does not explain it because they are able to be competent selectively.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Missing the very same call that they call religiously for the Seahawks is obvious corruption. The same ref is looking at the same people except the jerseys are switched. Why are they missing the identical hold call if it is not corruption???? No other explanation. incompetence does not explain it because they are able to be competent selectively.
Officials miss calls all the time. It could be because of the angle (their view was blocked). It could be because their attention was drawn to somewhere else. It could be because of incompetence. Assuming it is corruption says more about you than the officiating.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's funny how the flags pretty much stopped after Al Michaels said "Hey let's just take the rest of the night off and let Clete Blakeman and his crew finish calling the game."
:laugh:

Here's one for all the conspiracy theorists, I just found out that Clete Blakeman's (ref) celebrated calling his 250th NFL game tonight. Got a little screen time to commemorate the event, just saying.........

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/11/week-13-referee-assignments-2023/

CCBoy

Reaction score
The two most penalized teams in the NFL...Seattle wanted them to just quit calling them.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cowboys near the top every year.

This year we are #1!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought McCarthy was going to fix this last off season? FAIL!
I'm the last guy in the room to defend McCarthy, but you take these flags way too much at face value.

I most definitely do not observe an undisciplined team or a thoughtless team when I watch the Cowboys the past few years.

And I'm well aware: some games it's the Cowboys who seem to get generous treatment from the refs.

Please let your mind think 3-dimensional. What is happening?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Seahawks strategy was to keep interfering in hopes the refs would stop throwing flags because they can’t call it every play.

It worked.

Their only answer for Dallas was hoping the refs wouldn’t penalize them.
That's exactly what they do, being doing it for years. They grab, hold, impede, illegal contact every single play cause they know the refs won't call it most of the time,,, a net win,,, especially if the officiating crew has a goal of calling roughly the same number of penalties on both teams. I think DQ might subscribe to that philosophy too,,, it's kinda got some analytics to it.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
The league got exactly what it wanted thru it's referees:
-9 penalties that generated automatic first downs(!) for the two offenses*. Massive push for the OVER.
-Close game, that kept fans watching. TV revenue is 2nd to gambling money, but nice bonus.
-Flags prevented Cowboys from besting the line.

Insiders reaped their bonus rewards, as usual.

(*I've never seen this in any game prior to tonight)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Penalties are, and have been, a problem for this team. It’s not been corrected. If it doesn’t get corrected, it will more than likely cost us in the playoffs. That’s on the HC.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That guy woolen is terrible lol they could’ve called a lot more on him.

They called stuff then picked it up.

Dallas had a lot of pre snap again .

I kind of feel like all the flags were pretty justified right? Seattle just is sloppy and and undisciplined as us
There's a reason why the 2 teams lead the league LO. L.

Surfguy

Reaction score
The Internet has spoken. The consensus is the cowboys were the beneficiary and the Seahawks wuz robbed. We will have to get our legit win against a winning team elsewhere as the Internet has invalidated the win. Oh well. lol

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Zeb's called it pretty tight but were consistent.

It's up to players and coaches to adjust and both teams failed to do so, Pete was Carolling at the Zeb's the entire game and they ignored him and kept calling it as they saw it, good for Them.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They only should have called about half of them, but they were equally bad.

Like we talked about after Philly, it's not how many calls they make, but when. The hold on Steele that takes points off the board but no holds on the SEA OL the entire game? Garbage.

cowboybish

Reaction score
That guy woolen is terrible lol they could’ve called a lot more on him.

They called stuff then picked it up.

Dallas had a lot of pre snap again .

I kind of feel like all the flags were pretty justified right? Seattle just is sloppy and and undisciplined as us
The last pass interference on Seattle was one of the worst PI I’ve ever seen. There was no PI on that play. That play kept our drive alive and potentially gave us the win. Officiating has really made the game of football difficult to watch.