What’s the deal with all the penalties?

Gambit

Reaction score
There is NO REASON, for pregame penalties, and we keep doing it. Especially on defense.
I agree. Never should have any pregame penalties. I'm not convinced we had any this year at all, but we must stop all pregame penalties.

I jest, yes presnap penalties need to stop. Lining up in neutral zone is more a sign of wanting to aggressive than just stupidity though.

How many times have OT left early never to be called for it against our D? They know we are coming, all part of it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As tight as they called it...was pretty surprised they let the CB just stop in front of Lamb on the dumb 3rd down call at the end of the game.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
At this point they're labeled a penalty team, so most refs probably will be noticing more to begin with. Its amazing how the presnap stuff that plagued other players just carried over to new ones.

I'm not as concerned with the PI stuff because I felt this ref crew was just PI happy with their flags calling anything when a defender touched a receiver.

Overall, sloppy game on both sides and the refs definitely wanted some Prime time.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Dallas will not win a super bowl until they solve the penalty situation. Thats a no-brainer and one of Dallas's biggest thorns in it's side.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just seems there is no answer to this ongoing problem under this staff.
BobHaze alluded to this issue as one of the primary potential factors in future team failure if continued in the playoffs.

I hope it somehow gets cleaned up before then or we may be in trouble.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At this point they're labeled a penalty team, so most refs probably will be noticing more to begin with. Its amazing how the presnap stuff that plagued other players just carried over to new ones.

I'm not as concerned with the PI stuff because I felt this ref crew was just PI happy with their flags calling anything when a defender touched a receiver.

Overall, sloppy game on both sides and the refs definitely wanted some Prime time.
Definitely hope some of those calls aren't made in the next game. I thought the one called on Wagner was weak, and am rewatching the game now and don't care for the one called against Gilmore in the end zone. He did make contact with the receiver, but it was very brief and did not seem to affect his route. Gilmore seemed stunned that it was called. The NFL overall has been a little more lax about PI, but the officials certainly weren't in this game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Reflection of their head coach. Not a smart, disciplined football team. Same thing with the Seahawks and Pete Carroll as it's no surprise these teams are ranked 2nd in penalties...both coaches are not really great for 2023 and are still living off winning a championship a long time ago.