What’s up with Amari Cooper?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cooper is literally 6th in the NFL in receiving yards and that’s with the low output game yesterday.

I don’t know what people are watching. It’s like they expect 180 yards and 3 td’s every week.

Yeah Julio had 2 catches for 24 yards against us.. Wonder if ATL fans were calling for him to be cut or traded? I guarantee you Calvin Ridley is not in favor of that!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Is Amari Cooper hurt? As of the 4th qtr yesterday, he was only on the field for 50% of the snaps. This was a curious stat concerning the number of snaps among Cowboys receivers yesterday as tweeted by Bob Sturm . It doesn’t show the final snap counts, but he’s clearly not on the field much yesterday.

His stat line? Only 4 targets and 2 receptions for 23 yards. Again- is Coop hurt? Is there something we don’t know going on with Coop? Michael Gallup had 95% of the snaps to Coop’s 50%? What gives?

He did this same thing with the Raiders...just disappears for very long stretches and games with a very huge game in between once and awhile. Personally i think that is why the Raiders and Gruden were willing to part ways with him so quick in 2018

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Is Amari Cooper hurt? As of the 4th qtr yesterday, he was only on the field for 50% of the snaps. This was a curious stat concerning the number of snaps among Cowboys receivers yesterday as tweeted by Bob Sturm . It doesn’t show the final snap counts, but he’s clearly not on the field much yesterday.

His stat line? Only 4 targets and 2 receptions for 23 yards. Again- is Coop hurt? Is there something we don’t know going on with Coop? Michael Gallup had 95% of the snaps to Coop’s 50%? What gives?

Ok geniuses.

This was our first game where were balanced with run vs pass.

If we are running, it is Blake Bell, Noah Brown, and Gallup that are on the field. Those are the best run blockers.

Coop played 2/3rds of the snaps. More than Lamb. No one is posting "what's wrong with Lamb?"

Why?

A complete inability to actually look up facts.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ok geniuses.

This was our first game where were balanced with run vs pass.

If we are running, it is Blake Bell, Noah Brown, and Gallup that are on the field. Those are the best run blockers.

Coop played 2/3rds of the snaps. More than Lamb. No one is posting "what's wrong with Lamb?"

Why?

A complete inability to actually look up facts.

Nah nothing so complicated.. Just an anti-Cooper bias looking for confirmation.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They were having a fire sale to rebuild. You do remember Khalil Mack right?

Yeah they traded a young receiver with multiple 1k+ yards seasons, who nearly saved Dak’s career.

This guy gets roasted no matter what the stat line is. Unbelievable.

Even Cooper doesn't believe what you posted.

“I felt like there are things that I wanted to do out there on the field during the games, certain plays that I wanted to be called and certain routes that I wanted to run that just weren’t a part of the game plan,” he said.

He wasn't a fit for Gruden, for whatever reason.

jsb357

Reaction score
Cooper has plantar fasciitis

It's a lingering malady.

• 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $12,000,000 (5.51% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $20,000,000 (8.50% of spending)
  • Contract Value: $100,000,000 ($20,000,000 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $40,000,000
:huh:

Beaker42

Reaction score

Somebody find David Copperfield. It’s his fault. He’s disappeared Cooper for the most part this season. And yes, the game brought me back from the ledge but I’m still outside the window on the 58th floor.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Who cares who gets catches, as long as they are catches. All the receivers are getting their paychecks regardless of their stats. If the best matchup is wilson, throw to wilson until they stop it. The cowboys don't have to force it to anyone

If someone is hurt, they dont have to be out there all the time.

jsb357

Reaction score
This is about not using Coop and Lamb in obvious run situations.

attention KM or whomever is calling plays

no player substitutions should provide a tell
to the defense that you plan to run the ball

:facepalm:

817Gill

Reaction score
Do you guys really not understand that a big part of the reason Lamb is being covered (and I use the term loosely) by safeties and linebackers is Amari Cooper? The reason there is never a double on Gallup is Amari Cooper. Dude is a baller.. Maybe the foot did flare up yesterday.. He was still out there in the 4th with the game on the line and that 15 yard "git off me b*tch" catch he had on the last drive was huge! Got us out of the shadow of our goalposts and able to open things up a bit more down the field. People need to get over the whole "he makes 20 million dollars" thing. Who cares? You aint writin that check. Dude is a great player and he's on my team. I don't need him to have 10 catches every week to know that he makes an impact every week.
All facts

AbeBeta

Reaction score
attention KM or whomever is calling plays

no player substitutions should provide a tell
to the defense that you plan to run the ball

:facepalm:

Uh oh. Someone doesn't know the game.

The offense finally got to dictate the game because we played with a lead. We literally set up the Giants with that tell. We wanted them in base thinking run. They went to base and we burned them with a trick play that they didn't have the DBs to cover. Having that on film is going to create a split second of pause from Ds when we run WR sweeps in the future.

What you are facepalming is some pretty good chess. That's definitely McCarthy's fingerprints on the O.

shabazz

Reaction score
Apparently some here didn't get the memo. Now that Daks gone we can all stop criticizing Cooper and declare him world class. Nothing from here on will be his fault....that is reserved for Dalton

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I remember that, but last week he had 16 targets. This week only 4. His plantar problems go back to last year but he hasn’t had such a strange stat line since he’s been here. This just seemed odd to me.

I do believe he absolutely has had similar stat lines last year. Especially the away games.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I think Coop gets a tough break because of his body language. It is very ugly at times and had to read him.

Yes, it's body language, and some plays, it looks like he simply loafs. He jogs out the route sometimes if he thinks the play is not coming his way, and it would cost Dak who would sometime force the ball into Coop, who looked like he didn't even want to be bothered. Not a good look.

I'm kind of done with Coop, to be honest. Yes, he has his moments, but I'd gladly trade him for some young talent (draft pick) or for some defensive studs.

Having said that, some teams do fear his ability, so teams plan around how to stop him, even though he's rarely a deep threat. So he DOES help keep teams honest. Thus, I'm a little torn...but I'd definitely privately ask around to see if any FO loves him enough to offer something of value back (high draft picks or defensive stalwarts).

At this point, when the lights shine bright, in tense games in December, I just don't trust that he'll show up...because some games he totally goes missing.

slick325

Reaction score
Don't know what is going on with him but he made a HUGE play on the final drive. Also, coming into the game he was in the top 5 in receiving yards if I'm not mistaken.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
  • 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $12,000,000 (5.51% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $20,000,000 (8.50% of spending)
  • Contract Value: $100,000,000 ($20,000,000 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $40,000,000
:huh:

Looks like someone has made Cooper a happy man!! ;)

I'm certain he appreciates it. Let's hope he serves us well.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
Coop's been dealing with a plantar fascia foot problem since last year. It gets irritated at times.
Yeah and unless you’ve had it it’s hard to imagine what it’s like. Been dealing with it off and on for 15 years, it’s like having roofing tacks driven into your heal. It’s hard enough to walk any distance. I couldn’t imagine having to run and make cuts like him!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, it's body language, and some plays, it looks like he simply loafs. He jogs out the route sometimes if he thinks the play is not coming his way, and it would cost Dak who would sometime force the ball into Coop, who looked like he didn't even want to be bothered. Not a good look.

I'm kind of done with Coop, to be honest. Yes, he has his moments, but I'd gladly trade him for some young talent (draft pick) or for some defensive studs.

Having said that, some teams do fear his ability, so teams plan around how to stop him, even though he's rarely a deep threat. So he DOES help keep teams honest. Thus, I'm a little torn...but I'd definitely privately ask around to see if any FO loves him enough to offer something of value back (high draft picks or defensive stalwarts).

At this point, when the lights shine bright, in tense games in December, I just don't trust that he'll show up...because some games he totally goes missing.
I like Coop. The body language thing is annoying no doubt. He also plays a position we are deep at so I can get people turning on him. Especially since Gallup and Lamb appear to be more physical and fans love physicality.