What’s up with Lawrence?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'd call him good to very good. He's not Demarcus Ware or Charles Haley, but with the right support he can be Greg Ellis.

I don't even put him at that level. He wracks up numbers against bad teams and disappears against the good teams. Go take a look at his last few seasons. It's the same pattern. Last year 6 of his 10 sacks comes against 2 teams - Giants and Detroit. Against opponents who made the playoffs I think he wracked up no sacks.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I don't even put him at that level. He wracks up numbers against bad teams and disappears against the good teams. Go take a look at his last few seasons. It's the same pattern. Last year 6 of his 10 sacks comes against 2 teams - Giants and Detroit. Against opponents who made the playoffs I think he wracked up no sacks.

Well, he's about to have the opportunity to prove one of us wrong and the other right. I'm hoping it's to the good end. I do see your point though.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The lack of a pass rush has been easy to see in these first two games. Where has Lawrence been?
Is his injury still holding him back ? I like Lawrence, but I didn’t care for his contract
. He has always been a streaky type of player, but I kind of expected more out of him. I was hoping that he was wanting to prove that he deserves big money. What’s your opinion?

Watch the games.

Man, fantasy stats make people stoopid.

jnday

Reaction score
Watch the games.

Man, fantasy stats make people stoopid.
I have never followed fantasy football and I think most stats are misleading. I did watch each game twice and Lawrence was MIA . Since it hasn’t been discussed, I figured posters might enjoy discussing something other than the usual threads that we see every day.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with Lawrence. Absolutely nothing. Watch the film. He’s making plays and applying pressure. Sacks can be fickle, he’ll get plenty before the season is over.

That entire defensive line is getting no push. We've been lucky that the offense has stepped on the gas the last few weeks but I suspect when it comes down to a shootout this defense will fail.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
All I know is he better be on some instant replays against the Dolphins with Quinn opposite.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
That entire defensive line is getting no push. We've been lucky that the offense has stepped on the gas the last few weeks but I suspect when it comes down to a shootout this defense will fail.
Lawrence is getting some push. Collins has been his usual inconsistent great then meh self. The rest have been mediocre. We need Quinn to make a difference and Crawford to get healthy.

jnday

Reaction score
The DL is definitely a big concern. I hope that they can step it up from the way they played the last couple of weeks. If not, it is going to be a long season.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
unless you completely misunderstand correctly used words?

he’s been very active, just hasn’t quite got there yet. You can see how disruptive he is pretty easily though.
It reminded me of a George Carlin joke

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I have never followed fantasy football and I think most stats are misleading. I did watch each game twice and Lawrence was MIA . Since it hasn’t been discussed, I figured posters might enjoy discussing something other than the usual threads that we see every day.

1. Been discussed in many threads

2. Kid Rock is an idiot

Batman1980

Reaction score
It would help if we had a legit pass rusher besides him

giphy.gif

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Marinelli is too busy scheming sacks for ty craw. He has to help all the other d lineman since they cant win 1v1

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure D-Law's progress is something that will be closely monitored by everyone. He had the type of surgery (torn labrum) that requires a good deal of time to rebound from. I'm expecting his recovery to be a very gradual ordeal, whereby incremental progress is all that can be expected. He'll likely return to his former productivity, although, some of us will have doubts about it in the meantime. Patience, don't be overly upset if it takes much longer than what we're comfortable with.

Last edited: