What’s up with Neville Gallimore?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think Gallimore is more of a niche contributor than an every down player. He is very explosive, but also a very linear athlete. His change of direction is bottom tier. His tackle radius isnt good either.

I think he is a good match up player who will do well against OG/OC's that cant hand his burst and power off the snap. But I don't think he is a guy that is going to show up consistently either

He has a decent first step and very good upper body strength. His change of direction and anchor is below average. He is backup quality IMO.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sacks aren't important from a DT just want him to disrupt the pocket so the QB can't step up

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has a decent first step and very good upper body strength. His change of direction and anchor is below average. He is backup quality IMO.
You line him up in a slow or weak OG or OC and he blow through gaps. I dont see him as someone who can win down after down against quality OL. He definitely has a place, but he isnt a guy you want as one of your top 2 DT's

sbark

Reaction score
Ridgeway is a bar bouncer disguised as an NFL DT.

Yeah, he’s a big guy that plays with anger and want to rip folks heads off.. his words not mine

But he didn’t have much for technique and wasn’t disciplined enough to complete assignments

Trust me, they’ll be another one available in next years draft.
...or on someone's practice squad right now...with some better quickness

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Can’t think of the Cowboys ever having a big nasty guy in the middle.

Ever.

Drives me nuts

Been a hot minute since we’ve had a Giant nasty Heffer shutting **** down. The last one was probably those 2-3 years of prime Jay Ratliff but even he was an undersized nose. RIP David Irving’s brief NFL career, really thought he would become the next dominant force on this defense. Sigh.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What’s up with Gallimore. Haven’t heard much about him this year. Is he on the back of a milk carton? I was expecting a bigger impact from him this year.
What has he ever done besides that one play in Washington last season? I kept hearing “ we’re stacked” on DL during the preseason lol. Our DT’s are probably bottom 5 in the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What’s up with Gallimore. Haven’t heard much about him this year. Is he on the back of a milk carton? I was expecting a bigger impact from him this year.
If you watch games he, bohanna, and Osa are rotating but also pushing the pocket eating blocks while the DEs eat..i saw Gallamore got blatantly held(no call) what pushed the center of the pocket toward Parsons on one of parsons. sacks. Its deep rotation they are doing their job..DTs don't tend to be stat stackers..

its been TWO GAMES Broo these aren't RBs and WRS, they are hidden in the scrum.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
  1. We’ve played two very good teams with excellent running backs. Consider that our DTs were asked to play the run first and clog up the middle?
  2. In passing situations, our starting DTs are rotating out a bit with DLaw and guys like Armstrong, Gholston rushing inside.
Gallimore is 10 times the player Ridgeway will ever be. The defense is not being successful with the starting DTs doing nothing, as suggested here. Unless you have Aaron Donald, your DT cannot tee off on the QB and play the run at the same time. When Washington is healthy on the DL again, I’m betting they do the exact same thing with Ridgeway, trying to move him to the PS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You mean you haven't heard much about him the first TWO games lol smdh
IN 4 man rotation LOL they are pushing the center of the pocket i saw many of the DE sacks because of that DL actually collapsing the pocket..right two games big rotations DQ uses al his guys..

exciter

Reaction score
They’ve been trying to play him at 1 tech. If you remember reading the scouting reports on him, all were pretty much identical in saying he was a 3tech only. A couple even went as far as saying some team would make the mistake of trying to force him into the role. Sometimes those scouting reports are accurate. His skillset relies on quickness, he’s just not functionally strong enough, despite his size to rely on the brute force needed for how they’re trying to play him!

Scotman

Reaction score
After two games, I don't know that I expected to see or hear anything from any of them. And, while I hope they remain serviceable, it doesn't look like you have anyone at DT with a super high ceiling at this point. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to be wrong.

I do like what Bohanna is doing based on what little I've been able to see. He was so incredibly raw when we picked him. I don't know if he'll ever get where we need him to be, but he's been an incredible value for where he was taken. Still, a monster DT in the first round at some pound wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was hoping for more. Oh well.

But once again, it shows that when you spend middling assets on a position, you get middling results.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
But we got rid of the younger and bigger NT (whom a division rival quickly picked up) in order to keep these older stiffs who continue to do nothing. What's worse is Dan Quinn came out saying...

If you really liked him thar much, why did you agree to let him go, Quinn? What were you thinking? :mad:

Rue the day we lost the Vanilla Gorilla who came in the league to break necks and make big hits.

Creeper

Reaction score
Do you remember Maliek Collins? Every camp we heard this was the year Collins was going to break out. Every year we saw the same Maliek Collins play like a jag. I thought Gallimore was going to be something better than Collins, but after watching him these last two games I am beginning to fear he is Maliek Collins. Bohanna is already outplaying Gallimore in only his second year. I wonder if we would have been better off with Justin Hamilton.

And I am still wondering why Gallimore took 12 weeks to heal from a hyperextended elbow with no damage to bone of ligament last year.