What’s up with Neville Gallimore?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Apparently like him enuff for practice squad type ... but not 53 roster worthy..

And what " older" stiffs are you talkin' about ?
among the DTs, we're relatively young, probably among the youngest set of DTs in the NFL
Older as in 3+ years but have not shown much yet.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What’s up with Gallimore. Haven’t heard much about him this year. Is he on the back of a milk carton? I was expecting a bigger impact from him this year.
Been rather quiet, has recorded only 2 assists within the past two games, 1 per.
Even if 2 assists were to equal 1 tackle, that is unproductive.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
But we got rid of the younger and bigger NT (whom a division rival quickly picked up) in order to keep these older stiffs who continue to do nothing. What's worse is Dan Quinn came out saying...

If you really liked him thar much, why did you agree to let him go, Quinn? What were you thinking? :mad:

Well he is still 25, and they invested a 3rd rounder on him so what did you really expect to happen.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sacks aren't important from a DT just want him to disrupt the pocket so the QB can't step up
Well without thorough film review, and I admit that I haven't done that, but if G is doing a decent job at tying up OL and keeping them off the LBs then he is doing more at DT
then we have had there, G being included OfCourse.
Could he have improved his game there perhaps.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's still early in the season. I think it might be wise to allow Neville some time to get his act together. He might surprise us yet! :huh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Only thing missing on this D is that stud 3T
I like seeing Armstead and Fowler getting involved though and believe that as Q starts really getting a feel for where some of these pass rushers all fit, it really won't matter what tech.
This defense has a lot of untapped versatility and Quinns a quick study, wont take him long to really start elevating this pass rush, and that is the key to this defense.
Not overall too concerned about Gs stat line at this point in the season as long as he is taking care of gap assignment primarily, but definitely needs to get more involved.
This defense will get better as this pass rush keeps improving, sounds simplistic but it is very true, this is a very good pass rushing D, but it has the potential to be dominating.
When that happens, we get to witness a defensive evolution taking place on this team and it's been how many decades?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well he is still 25, and they invested a 3rd rounder on him so what did you really expect to happen.
Cut bait if they aren't producing after 3 seasons. How much longer in years are these unproductive guys going to get?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cut bait if they aren't producing after 3 seasons. How much longer in years are these unproductive guys going to get?
Dont worry AC, Ridgeway will be available soon and if we want him back or someone of his equivalent talent its available.