What’s your TV / AV setup for the season?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My setup is not bad..

Entertainment room:
70" Hitachi on the wall for the main TV
Yamaha 100W 7.1 surround system for audio with 200W Klipsch Sub and Klipsch KG/3 main speakers and Klipsch rear speakers.
55" Samsung on a stand under the big one for the side game.. in case I wanna watch two games at once.
Master BR:
50" Samsung
Family room:
43" Samsung next to the fireplace.
Outdoor space:
32" Vizio mounted out back near the outdoor kitchen so I can watch and grill at the same time!

I shall make no mention of my three electric reclining theatre seats in the entertainment room.. That would be bragging! :cool:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We are in the process of moving I to our new tiny home out in the boonies. No internet, unless we use the wifi on our phone. The good news is rabbit ears work great and the audio pretty darn near matches Brad and Babe. I just need to install our TVs. I may breakdown and get me a better antenna, but I get around 50 channels now.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
My setup is not bad..

Entertainment room:
70" Hitachi on the wall for the main TV
Yamaha 100W 7.1 surround system for audio with 200W Klipsch Sub and Klipsch KG/3 main speakers and Klipsch rear speakers.
55" Samsung on a stand under the big one for the side game.. in case I wanna watch two games at once.
Master BR:
50" Samsung
Family room:
43" Samsung next to the fireplace.
Outdoor space:
32" Vizio mounted out back near the outdoor kitchen so I can watch and grill at the same time!

I shall make no mention of my three electric reclining theatre seats in the entertainment room.. That would be bragging! :cool:
That’s absolutely bad *** - especially the Klipsch gear .
Theater seats - hmm kids have been asking me to get those .

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It still works....

Philco-television-sets-from-1958-16-750x977.jpg

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
We are in the process of moving I to our new tiny home out in the boonies. No internet, unless we use the wifi on our phone. The good news is rabbit ears work great and the audio pretty darn near matches Brad and Babe. I just need to install our TVs. I may breakdown and get me a better antenna, but I get around 50 channels now.
Where is that ? Are you surrounded by nature / trails ?
Can you work like that ?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
My mom had something like this when I was a kid back in the '70's...

s-l500.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That’s absolutely bad *** - especially the Klipsch gear .
Theater seats - hmm kids have been asking me to get those .

The theatre seats are amazing.. They would have cost too much if we bought them new but we bought them off a rancher/vet out in the country for a great price. He had upgraded his entertainment space and was willing to part with them for a couple hundred bucks for three. In all we got a full sized couch, a loveseat, a chair and the three theatre seats for like $600.. All high quality leather and will probably outlast me..

Also I love my Klipsch speakers.. I have had the main speakers since 1984... Yes you read that right.. almost 40 years. Bought them when I got my first good job out of college. I went in to upgrade when they were maybe 20 years old and the first thing the sales guy asks is "Whaddya have now?" When I told him he whispered in my ear "I can sell you some fancy new technology for a whole lotta money but I cannot sell you anything that's going to sound any better than those..." I quit looking to replace them after that..

rags747

Reaction score
Just want to get an idea of how everybody is setup to watch the games this season.

Right now I’m in the process of constructing an outside set up on my patio while the weather is nice in the Northeast usually till about thanksgiving.

But inside I’m running a

TV: 75 inch 4K Samsung

Sound - sound is so important.

I’m running an Atmos Soundbar Samsung Q950 A
11 speakers & drivers and Subwoofer.

Any Patio setup advice welcome - not sure I want a permanent 55 inch TV outside not sure I want to hang it.

Buddy of mine has an amazing stone built on barbecue outdoor TV set up I wish I could do it.

Outdoor TVs can run $2400-4500 crazy

anyone have one ?
Not really a need for an “outdoor” tv. I have a 75” LG hung outside for two years now and no issues, it does not get wet though.

Jipper

Reaction score
just built a movie theater in my walk out basement (along with a bbq prep kitchen and a separate bar/game room)

2 rows of seats (8 total) second row elevated 18 inches

Samsung Q90D 85 inch

Sound - temporary samsung bar and woofer (biggest i could get) - wired up for 2 atmos, 2 rear and 3 front....unfortunatly had to put the 8grand into finishing the bar first then will swap the sound!

rags747

Reaction score
Did you get the Sonos sub?

holy S is that a beast - we may get the Sonos for the family room .

You can add two which is cray
Sonus, I have an 85” Sony in my liv room with Sonus sound bar and then Sonus rear speakers along with the Sonus sub. Outside also have Sonus Play 5’s with Sonus sound bar and of course the Sonus sub. Sonus makes everything easy and of course minimal wiring. Makes music selection great as well.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Sonus, I have an 85” Sony in my liv room with Sonus sound bar and then Sonus rear speakers along with the Sonus sub. Outside also have Sonus Play 5’s with Sonus sound bar and of course the Sonus sub. Sonus makes everything easy and of course minimal wiring. Makes music selection great as well.
Those play 5’s get rave reviews

Am I losing my mind it’s Sonos not Sonus - Right .

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/home

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
The theatre seats are amazing.. They would have cost too much if we bought them new but we bought them off a rancher/vet out in the country for a great price. He had upgraded his entertainment space and was willing to part with them for a couple hundred bucks for three. In all we got a full sized couch, a loveseat, a chair and the three theatre seats for like $600.. All high quality leather and will probably outlast me..

Also I love my Klipsch speakers.. I have had the main speakers since 1984... Yes you read that right.. almost 40 years. Bought them when I got my first good job out of college. I went in to upgrade when they were maybe 20 years old and the first thing the sales guy asks is "Whaddya have now?" When I told him he whispered in my ear "I can sell you some fancy new technology for a whole lotta money but I cannot sell you anything that's going to sound any better than those..." I quit looking to replace them after that..
1984 That is awesome

Kwyn

Reaction score
I have a
Just want to get an idea of how everybody is setup to watch the games this season.

Right now I’m in the process of constructing an outside set up on my patio while the weather is nice in the Northeast usually till about thanksgiving.

But inside I’m running a

TV: 75 inch 4K Samsung

Sound - sound is so important.

I’m running an Atmos Soundbar Samsung Q950 A
11 speakers & drivers and Subwoofer.

Any Patio setup advice welcome - not sure I want a permanent 55 inch TV outside not sure I want to hang it.

Buddy of mine has an amazing stone built on barbecue outdoor TV set up I wish I could do it.

Outdoor TVs can run $2400-4500 crazy

anyone have one ?
I have a TV. It’s pretty good I guess.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I got a burner laptop worth about $20 which I use to stream free football games and download free audio mp3s from YouTube.

Free is good. Don’t understand people paying for stuff that is available for free.