What’s your TV / AV setup for the season?

EGTuna

Reaction score
During Cowboys games on Sunday:
1. Big TV has the COwboys game
2. 2nd, not as big tv is brought up from the basement, put on a table next to #1 above, and has the red zone channel going
During Sunday Games before/after Cowboys Game:
1. Big TV used to flip through games, with bigger matchups being the main focus or whatever game(s) is close at the end
2. 2nd, not as big tv is brought up from the basement, put on a table next to #1 above, and has the red zone channel going

It's...just so fun. Especially when I add beers to the equation, which depends on the amount of responsibility I have on Monday mornings.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The theatre seats are amazing.. They would have cost too much if we bought them new but we bought them off a rancher/vet out in the country for a great price. He had upgraded his entertainment space and was willing to part with them for a couple hundred bucks for three. In all we got a full sized couch, a loveseat, a chair and the three theatre seats for like $600.. All high quality leather and will probably outlast me..

Also I love my Klipsch speakers.. I have had the main speakers since 1984... Yes you read that right.. almost 40 years. Bought them when I got my first good job out of college. I went in to upgrade when they were maybe 20 years old and the first thing the sales guy asks is "Whaddya have now?" When I told him he whispered in my ear "I can sell you some fancy new technology for a whole lotta money but I cannot sell you anything that's going to sound any better than those..." I quit looking to replace them after that..

Hey if you got the power to move those suckers you are going to have a hard time finding the metallurgy to match those magnets in the drivers. Take it from a guy who has spent itme materials good quality older magnets and drivers give a great sound.

IMO I think older manufacturers focused on establishing more nuance and colour to the sound of their speakers. Modern speakers are great. Good quality ones provide a great sound experience, but I don't see the sound colour vairations you used to get going from quality brands like B&W, Klipsch, Infinity, AR, B&O, etc.

Great to hear you got a nice setup to enjoy the games. I wish I had the lap of luxury to help me drown the sorrows of a Cowboys loss.

In our house I have the dog and the cat on hamster style wheels, along with the kids running on treadmills and feeding the pets incentive treats to generate electricity to power up a vacuum tube telly. The crew only gets a break during commercials so watching football games are excellent for recovery.

They hate when my wife and I watch netflix movies. Its a 90-120 minutes of all cardio baby to get Mom and Dad their TV!

P.S. No one from social services or animal shelters are to be included in this message.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hey if you got the power to move those suckers you are going to have a hard time finding the metallurgy to match those magnets in the drivers. Take it from a guy who has spent itme materials good quality older magnets and drivers give a great sound.

IMO I think older manufacturers focused on establishing more nuance and colour to the sound of their speakers. Modern speakers are great. Good quality ones provide a great sound experience, but I don't see the sound colour vairations you used to get going from quality brands like B&W, Klipsch, Infinity, AR, B&O, etc.

Great to hear you got a nice setup to enjoy the games. I wish I had the lap of luxury to help me drown the sorrows of a Cowboys loss.

We better not have too many of those losses to drown out this year... I need a good season to recover from these last two. I do worry about what I will do when (not if) those 40 year old cones finally give out on my speakers. They are definitely starting to show signs. Still since I have the hardwood enclosures I could scour the internet and find replacements..

Last edited by a moderator:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
We better not have too many of those losses to drown out this year... I need a good season to recover from these last two. I do worry about what I will do when (not if) those 40 year old cones finally give out on my speakers. They are definitely starting to show signs. Still since I have the hardwood enclosures I could scour the internet and find replacements..

You could give the pets a night off if you buy a nice generator from Costco. I picked up one of those 9 kilowatt units during the Great Freeze of '21. Now I just need to bite the bullet and have it wired into the house main.. That's gonna cost me a cool G note. It's SO hard to spend money!!!

That's great that you are thinking about extending the life of vitage equipment. Many don't understand the value they have in some of the products they have bought in the past. But also being handy and able to retrofit is a barrier for some.

As for the pets and kids, I invested in the calories so I am darn well going to get the ROI out of the energy in that food. But I have been eyeing that Costco generator also, and thinking about a hardwire setup.

Next time you are watching the game and when a commercial comes on think of our household. The telly has gone dark at the time because the crew is taking a running break. :thumbup:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Old school...really old...:laugh:

I had an old 19" Zenith tube tv that was passed down through our family in a way. I am not sure how old it was, maybe 25 years, by the time it finally met the great tube guy in the sky.

My uncle had it as his main TV, not sure for how long, 4 or 5 years. maybe a little longer. Gave it to my dad when he bought a new TV. We used it for a good 8 years, mostly as a 2nd TV for about 5 years.
My brother then used it for about 8 years. I then took it, used it for 5 years or so. Then used it as a 2nd TV after I got married for 3 years, then it started smoking, and died.
That was around 1983 when it bit the dust.

Now one is lucky to get 5 years from a flat screen.
My Quasar went kaput last year had it over 40 years

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Indoor/living room:
65" 4K Hisense Smart TV
Vizio 42" soundbar w/wireless surround system speakers & wireless subwoofer
Klipsch 15" wired bookshelf speakers w/tweeters for extra high-to-mid sound

My system sounds awesome for any Cowboys games.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
65 inch LG CX OLED

KEF LS-50 speakers

Mass-filled Sound Anchor speaker stands

NAD D5070 receiver

Digital antenna to capture free over the air broadcasts of the Cowboys, which are uncompressed and of the highest quality

ShortRound

Reaction score
We just moved into a new home last year (before the real estate madness) and have a patio setup.
Looking into a backyard TV/Speaker setup. So going to enjoy researching all of this.

rags747

Reaction score
Those play 5’s get rave reviews

Am I losing my mind it’s Sonos not Sonus - Right .

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/home
U r correct, Sonos! Great equipment and easy setup as no running of wires, but it is expensive. Obviously everything runs from your phone or iPad. Inside, outside it all runs seamlessly, will play your music library, Sirius, Pandora, Sonos music channels etc. Good luck…

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
We just moved into a new home last year (before the real estate madness) and have a patio setup.
Looking into a backyard TV/Speaker setup. So going to enjoy researching all of this.
Yeah I have the TV I’m not buying an $2500 + outdoor tv in the northeast.
I went 55 4K - now how to arrange it .

Hardline

Reaction score
Lucky you for getting visuals, here is my set up
438.jpg
If the Cowboys ever go shortwave. you are in luck.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
JVC projector, 120-inch screen, 9.2.6 speaker setup.

Heaven. A/V is my hobby.

Do you use it outdoors? My wife and I have kicked around the idea of setting up a screen and projector on the back yard living space.. Main concern being overpowering the sun.. I suspect getting a projector that can go toe to toe with el Sol is probably more expensive than I would be willing to spend.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Philips 55" no sound equipment watch the games with no sound My ears are broken so I cant hear the TV

J12B

Reaction score
65" Samsung HD4k

YouTube TV

No sound equipment.